Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Washingmachinetrackworld….
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Had a git of a week, boiler fan packed up, shower gone pop and now to top it all off the washing machine has given up.

Sooo any budget recommendations?. Whos best online?

I fear I have been cursed by a witch 🙂

eskay

What is wrong with it, can it be repaired?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Drum bearings and pump, its an old one given to us a year or so ago after our last one went down.

wolly
    Free Member

I’ve used appliances online before ordered at half ten on a Friday night and the chaps were unloading it at 9 the following morning

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

ours is on the way. when the day finally comes we’re going to bypass the interlock on the door, put it on a pallet out the back, load the fridge with beer, get a few mates round, put it on spin cyle and then lob a massive brick in it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80[/video]

andyl
    Free Member

We picked up an 8kg load 1400 rpm Bosch Excel for £350 after finding a online voucher and getting bosch cashback at the Co-op electrical online place. Pretty damn good as far as washing machines go.

Worth checking out Costco online (non members can use but pay a surcharge so probably cheaper to join for the year). Delivery and installation all included, possibly removal of old machine too.

Failing that try appliances online, 365 electrical, currys and john lewis.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Went with Co-Op Electrical, they were a tiny bit cheaper and give a 60 min delivery slot evening before which is good.

eskay

Pumpa – you would be amazed at the forces involved within a washing machine on a spin cycle with an out of balance load.

I used to work for the R&D dept of a well know appliance manufacturer and they were trying to develop a fast spin washing machine. The risk of the out of balance mechanism failing was so great that the development machines were run within steel cages that were housed in an interlocked master cage.
    A few failed during testing and the carnage was most impressive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Washingmachinetrackworld….’ is closed to new replies.