• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Washing windproof gloves
  • DickBarton

What is the best way to wash windproof gloves? Got some Craft gloves that are windproof and semi-waterproof. They stink! I’m assuming the washing machine will be a bad move, they are kind of like neoprene but aren’t.
    So best way to wash them, please?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In the machine, at 30, with some halo. Get it in sainsbury.

cinnamon_girl

Do not use fabric conditioner.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I chuck my Endura Dexter windproof gloves in the machine. Come out lovely and fresh and doesn’t mess them up 😀

Only thing that destroys my gloves is my thumbs. For some reason I always wear through them, no matter what gloves. Last about a year or two max.

bruneep

Halo for all sports gear

deadkenny
    Free Member

So is that stuff proven or just marketing guff?

Only one I’ve been cautious about is knee pads as people claim the soap gets trapped inside and causes rashes. Then I washed them with regular detergent and no issue.

Likewise Five Tens in the machine, not a problem (except for how long they take to dry out!)

bruneep

Proven in this house

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve wondered about Halo as occasionally stuff comes out smelling a bit fusty.

But for windproof / DWR / waterproof I’d say Tekwash in a machine after a good clean to ensure as little regular laundry stuff as possible was still there.

What’s Halo like for a normal detergent to send your work stuff swimming in? I don’t really want to add another specific product…

DickBarton

Thanks, will grab some today and get them cleaned.

aP
    Free Member

All our cycling stuff just goes in on a 30C delicates wash with a non-bio detergent, then gets hung up. If it can go outside on the line then all the better. Waterproof stuff gets its own wash with a specific cleaner then another one with proofer.

vincienup
    Free Member

aP, so… Halo as standard laundry product and Nikwax Tekwash fir anything with tricky windproof %waterproof coatings and technical fibres etc would be fine in your book?

aP
    Free Member

Halo? Never used it TBH.
    Wind proof stuff just gets put in with all the other cycling stuff. It all still seems to work fine, we don’t really obsess about washing products I’m afraid. It goes in dirty, comes out clean.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Washing windproof gloves’ is closed to new replies.