Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Washing Powder?
  • Lakes_Puma

What do people use that gets good results?

I normally wash my kit at 30 degrees (as most of the care labels are this temp) with non-bio liquid and the results are rubbish, pale mud stains all over the place.

So collective, what works and doesn’t destroy your kit?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I cant believe I’m answering this!

I’m going to pretend you asked : “WTF is wrong with my washing machine – it doesnt shift the skid marks!”.

Anyway – It could be the machine. Are you sure it’s heating the water to 30?

Otherwise big brand powders are better – except on things like waterproofs etc.

seavers
    Free Member

I wash mine in anger and beer, usually by bashing it with a rock.

But if I need a quick solution… washing mash, whatever soapy stuff was on sale.. 30 degrees…always comes out as fresh as a meadow and sparkling clean.

Maybe your machine is stuffed, maybe you live in an area with particularly muddy mud.

project
    Free Member

get married and have a wife do it,

suffolk
    Free Member

Peaty mud will stain, where do you ride?

Soak stuff for an hour or two pre-wash in vanish or similar, always wash kit before it dries.

MarkN
    Free Member

For one moment I thought you were going to offer to do it for him?

CaptJon
    Free Member

napisan

jruk
    Free Member

Bio powder at less than 40 deg. The enzymes will eat the stinky stuff. At least that’s what I told the Mrs to do.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Can I recommend sticking some white vinegar in with the Persil (liquid)? Works a treat at defugging the polyester of any nasties – even at 30deg. Don’t use Sarsons – you’ll end up smelling like you work in a chippy.

mrmo
    Free Member

I would not recommend using Bio if your skin is in the slightest sensitive. Residue will remain and get into pores, blisters, scabs etc.

Currently recovering from using some by accident…

zangolin
    Free Member

Few table spoons of Napisan in with your non bio washing powder/liquid. Works a treat at 30 degrees.
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/asda-compare-prices/nappy_accessories/napisan_non_biological_500g.html

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Which? tests recomend loose powder detergent over the tablets, liquids, capsules etc.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Persil non bio and try 40c. Clean your machine filters too.

globalti
    Free Member

30 degrees isn’t hot enough to activate the TAED and get the dirt moving, go hotter. As always the detergent powder manufacturers are struggling to get the product to work under the stupid restrictions imposed by the idiotic Green lobby.

I work in a related industry and we employ three chemistry graduates full time for elf’n’safety and waste around half our time running around sorting documentation for terrified arse-covering customers.

djglover
    Free Member

get married and have a wife do it,

+1

My wife’s never had a problem with stubborn stains, even at 30C 😉

michaelmcc
    Free Member

🙄

jruk
    Free Member

We’re living the dream aren’t we lads, living the dream…right, I’m off to the tip and then breaking out the polyfiller.

Taff
    Free Member

An awesomely manly topic for a Sunday morning!

We use whichever liquid detergent is on offer. Wash everything on 40degrees but even that doesn’t shift it even if we use vanish. Apparently I’m told soaking it in cold water first helps to remove the stains. The heat from the wash cycle locks the dirt into the fibres

cynic-al
    Free Member

gie it Aldi!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Washing Powder?’ is closed to new replies.