Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Washing Marino
  • tollah
    Free Member

I’ve got mud stains in my favourite Marino top. It’s been machine washed on a wool setting with non bio liquid, then soaked for a day in a wool stain remover. Still got mud stains in though. Anyone have any ideas on how to sort this out?

Thanks!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Buy brown 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

should have bought merino instead of that cheap chinese knock off marino you speak of 8) 😛 😆

who’s mud is it ?

tang
    Free Member

1. Brush the wool. Use a stiff bristled brush to help remove a majority of the makeupmud. Be careful when doing this that you do not spread the stain at all. This means that you should use very short, forceful strokes to remove the dried makeupmud. Brush the makeupmud onto a piece of paper, and discard when finished.
    2. Flush the area. Flush the stained area with some dry cleaning solvent. In addition to helping loosen up the remaining stain from the wool fibers of the garment, this will also help get rid of any residue from old stain removers
    as well. Dry cleaning solvent can be picked up at most dry cleaning stores, as well as at most grocery and department stores.
    3. Use dry spotter. Apply a little bit of dry spotter (which can also be picked up at any dry cleaning store) with an absorbent pad or clean white cloth. Press hard on the stained area to help work the spotter in, and to remove the stain, but do not rub. Allow the spotter to sit for five minutes, and then check the stain.
    4. Alternate soaking and pressing. Repeat steps two and three until no more makeup comes up. Be careful when you do this that you do not rub the stained area since this can actually make the stain worse.
    5. Flush with water. Flush the area of the stain with water to get as much of the dry cleaning solution and dry spotter as possible. Blot dry the area to dry it.
    6. Check and repeat. Allow the area to become completely dry before checking to see if you are finished. If not, then repeat the entire process again. Do this as many times as necessary to remove the stain.

this looks good as my merino is splattered also. mud is our make-up 🙂

CheesybeanZ

sofaking …all tollahs marinos are fake

sofaking
    Free Member

sofaking …all tollahs marinos are fake

like his bikes

tollah
    Free Member

Yeah yeah yeah so I’ve spelt Merino wrong, I’m a dumbass!

Welsh mud isn’t it!

Thanks Tang.

sofaking
    Free Member

My marino brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they’re like
    It’s better than yours,
    Damn right it’s better than yours,
    I can teach you,
    But I have to charge
    8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, if it’s stained, it’s probbly because the mud contained something that has acted as a dye, like iron or copper or some sort of mineral deposit. I’ve had jeans stained with iron-rich mud.

You’ll probbly never get it out, I’m afraid. Using chemicals like bleach might damage the wool. You could try a dry cleaners I spose, they might be able to fix it.

sofaking
    Free Member

definatley some sort of deposit in the mud i reckon 😉

tang
    Free Member

is it black mountain red?

igm

Don’t ask me – my On-One merino (XL) is now the right size for my wife (all 9st of her – normally when not pregnant). Apparently it’s hand wash only.
    [mutter] hand wash – for mountain bike kit[/mutter]

CheesybeanZ

its just an excuse to buy more rapha gear 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

its just an excuse to buy more rapha gear

i wonder who else that the tollah rides with wears rapha gear ? 🙄

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I knew someone who said they knew someone who thought it might be up duck on your merino ?

CheesybeanZ

i know someone who knows someone that tollah knows who wears rapha 😯

tollah
    Free Member

FFS can anyone round this manor start a thread without a bunch of niche mongering wannabes jumping on it and giving their invalid input???

🙂

igm

You really had to ask…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well myself and Tang have tried to be helpful. 🙁

tollah
    Free Member

Indeed you have elf and I am thankful to you both 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Washing Marino’ is closed to new replies.