Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Washing machine tripping RCD
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Looking for some help from the hive!

Washing machine has started tripping the RCD.

I have changed the brushes a few weeks ago and it works fine on a spin so don’t think it is motor related. Tried a different socket.

It happens on a wash cycle, fills with water spins a few times then “click” it has tripped.

Suspected the heating element so completely unplugged that and still trips at the same point. Drains ok if I cancel the wash so doesn’t seem to be the pump, all wires seem ok.

No sure where to look as checked everything I can think of… It is a beko wm6111w

GrahamS

Any sign of a leak that could cause a short?

wiggles
    Free Member

Not that I can find, nothing seems wet inside.

Motor seems quite hot but spins fine

Cooker blew up last week so really don`t want to have to fork out for a washing machine…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bighairydel

Had similar happen with a dishwasher. It tripped when the heating element went live. New element and all was fine. Not sure if washing machines have similar heating elements but it may be that.

spooky_b329

Mine is doing this, except when it trips it also generates a loud pop/bang. I think its normally trying to pump out (and failing) when it does this, the first time I just thought it was frozen as its in the garage.

I’ve pulled it apart and can’t find anything wrong, and apart from some carbon dust around the motor brushes, nothing looks like its blowing up.

I’m sure Bosch deliberately put all the hose clamps and other fixings on the wrong side to make it almost impossible to access the water pump…gits! Ended up tipping the whole machine on to its front to get in there.

mick_r

Possibly heater element. Put it on a cold wash to check. Edit – didn’t see about the unplugged bit – puzzling.

Cheapish and easy repair when I did ours. About £50 for a genuine element – reviews suggested people that fitted pattern ones often ended up needing a genuine one 6 months later….

Service from E-spares was amazing – ordered late Saturday night, in my hand 9.15 Monday morning, delivered 1 minute early for the quoted timeslot 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Ive tried it with the heating element unplugged so cant be that can it?

spooky_b329

Could it be tripping the first time the drum reverses direction? i.e. could still be brushes/motor.

wiggles
    Free Member

That might be a good shout, as I think when spinning it only goes one way but on a wash it reverses..

Ill go check

wiggles
    Free Member

Nope works both ways and appears to be working at the moment on a cold wash?

Which I don’t get as I disconnected the heating element before and it still went very quickly. Only other thing I can think of is something overheating so maybe now I’ve left it a while it works where as before it was hot so going almost straight away.

Think I will pop to screwfix for a multimeter tomorrow.

supremebean
    Free Member

May be the thermostat if it works on a cold wash.

wiggles
    Free Member

Worked on a coldwash last night, but not today! Stumped now…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine tripping RCD’ is closed to new replies.