Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • washing machine stopped mid cycle
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

My washing machine has just stopped mid cycle with all my muddy clothes and shoes in.

How can I get it to drain and release the door?

I live in a rented flat and would like to get my stuff out before I get the landlord involved to fix it. He probably won’t be too happy about me putting my muddy shoes in there!

martinhutch

Google the make and model and ‘manual’ – most have an easy method of getting at the filter and draining.

kennyp
    Free Member

If you’re mid cycle how do you know the washing machine has stopped?

Onzadog
    Free Member

On mine, I just switched it off, then set it to drain.

Brushes are probably worn. It’s an easy fix.

smatkins1
    Free Member

@kennyp

because it is beeping like mad with lights flashing. Also it’s stopped spinning.

kennyp
    Free Member

I was trying to make a joke about you being out in the middle of a cycle. Looks like I missed the target a bit. 🙂

lasty
    Free Member

Some machines have a small drain pipe next to the filter …
    If it hasn’t you need to gain access to the grey drain pipe around the back. You can drain the machine from that using a bowl – when the pipe drops below the water level machine water will empty into the bowl. Might take 2-3 bowls to empty completely – the pump is only used because the water has to rise up to the drain level, drop it below the level and gravity is your friend…

smatkins1
    Free Member

It’s difficult to distinguish between a sarcastic and serious answer on here kennyp

smatkins1
    Free Member

will muddy bike stuff be the likely cause of this problem? or the fact I put some shoes in there?

martinhutch

You’ve probably blocked the filter with your filth.

lasty
    Free Member

Not usually – insoles could have come out and blocked the sump, seen worse wrapped around the heater …

jkomo

Unplug it.
    There should be a flap or panel front and bottom.
    Get a shallow tray.
    Behind panel should be an unscrew able by hand circular cap, like a small petrol filler.
    There is usually a pull out tube or funnel.
    The water will drain out.
    Oh yeah, get some towels as well.
    When the water has gone, stick your fingers in, see if there is anything stuck.
    The inside should rotate with your finger.
    Apologies if this destroys your washing machine and is completely wrong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘washing machine stopped mid cycle’ is closed to new replies.