Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Washing machine question
  • clipper68
    Free Member

Has anyone ever had a main bearing replaced on a washing machine and how much did it cost? Deffo the bearing as its been making a horrible noise for the past week and now the drum is just flopping around.

gusamc
    Free Member

yes, did it myself, £25 (bearing and seal).

well worth a internet trawl for an exploded diagram etc etc on make/model as somebody has probably done it before and documented it (*although some machines it can’t be done apparently).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

My mum’s went, was going to DIY it, but found a local company who did it for not much more than than I could source the parts for. Sorry, don’t remember the exact cost.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pingu66
    Free Member

Assuming the drum bearing, I have replaced several myself but the last one on a 2 year old machine was all sealed part of the drum etc. Got the man in a van to do it with a warantee as Doris has it on 3 times a day.

Dont know why though.

project
    Free Member

Indeshit washing machine 14 months old same thing happened, they wanted 60 quid to come out or i could pay something like 160 quid and they would repair it for the next year, when i pointed out currys where selling new ones cheaper they couldnt answer.

Make sure the drain hose doesnt drop on the floor or it empties the residue in the machine all over the floor.

takisawa2

Most have a fully enclosed drum these days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine question’ is closed to new replies.