Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Washing Machine only fills with Hot water
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

We have an old Bosch WFB2004 washing machine that has a hot and cold water feed. Recently it seems as though it is only filling with hot water. Clothes don’t seem to get very wet sometimes and come out pretty hot regardless of the temperature set.

I have taken the top off and changed the wires over to the feed valves and the cold one works when connected to the hot wires, so I presume it is the part that is providing the signal for the valves to open that has broken. I donlt know what this would be called to look for a spare.

I am not sure it is worth repairing a washer of this age but if I connect the cold supply to the hot hose will I confuse the machine. Will it still heat up the water to the required temperature and will it rinse the clothes.

I will probably give it a go anyway, just looking for advice or anything else easy to check.

Thanks.

andyl
    Free Member

yup, just connect the hot feed to the cold tap and let the machine heat the water as needed.

Will take longer to do a hot wash but will save you from washing clothes too hot.

project
    Free Member

Get a Y adaptor and connect both hoses to the cold feed, the machine will fill and rince and heat the water as required.Oh and most saop powders are able to use 20 c water temperature.

Mine does,

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    supremebean
    Free Member

🙂 hope that was a joke project!join the hot and cold up?

EDIT; ah see what you mean! doh!

senorj

I have taken the top off and changed the wires over to the feed valves and the cold one works when connected to the hot wires, so I presume it is the part that is providing the signal for the valves to open that has broken. I donlt know what this would be called to look for a spare

it’s called a solenoid valve.

andyl
    Free Member

or just connect the cold feed to the hot pipe but leave the service valve closed. Not sure if it affects the fill rate using only one side. Probably not as it would be running off one pipe anyway.

konabunny
    Free Member

Eeeh, you don’t get much stuff that’s useful for 75p any more, do you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Washing Machine only fills with Hot water’ is closed to new replies.