• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Washing machine lying about washing times!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Does anyone have a washing machine that lies about washing times?

My bloody machine said there was 20 minutes left half an hour ago. It still is showing 4 minutes! Very annoying!

It also seems to sit doing nothing for quite long periods during washing cycles.

sandwicheater

LOL, my wife and I discussed this on the weekend. Our’s definitely has a set of pants that are on fire.

Said is was in final cycle, 30 mins to finish. Tell our friends we’ll be setting off shortly. It finished just over 1 hour later.

maccruiskeen

Ours is honest about everything except the last minute

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, I’m thinking of buying mine a watch for its birthday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, mine. I bought it 10 years ago and if back then I thought it’d do a wash in 40mins but now 1.5hrs later it still sploshing away at it..

It’s either that or my concept of time has warped.. 😆

johndoh
    Free Member

I have no idea.

I used ours on Saturday. Apparently I put mixed cottons and acrylics in together, some being coloured on a 60deg cottons wash.

That should ensure a few more moths of peace 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Nope ours is bang on. I use the 15 min speedwash a lot and it seemed to be taking longer so I timed it and sure enough it was done in 15 mins, almost to the second

Just to try and catch it out I timed a longer wash as well and that was also bang on

Ah zose Germans!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ours is honest about everything except the last minute

This. A very long last minute, usually.

Clobber
    Free Member

Our dishwasher does exactly the same! I thought I was imagining it for ages….

gobuchul
    Free Member

Right, I’m watching it now!

Just put a wash on, timer says 3.5 hrs. So it should be finished at 6. We’ll see!

crofts2007
    Free Member

I assume it is down to water heating, i.e. it has to wait until hot enough.
    As time goes on and your machine is slowly scaling up, it may take longer for the element to do the heating.
    My guess anyway.

tonyplym
    Free Member

There’s bound to be a bit of variance on the timings – down to things like how much heating is needed to get the incoming water up to the set temperature, how big the load is (which will alter the water volume in most modern washers), and whether it has to rebalance the load before it spins up to maximum speed.

Yak

thought they all did that.

I usually shove a load of muddy cycling stuff in, programme the quick 15min wash so I can get it out asap to dry…. and the washing machine decides* it’s too mucky, so at 1min into the wash, it shoots up to 35mins.

* it might not ‘think’ that, but that’s sort of the impression its giving me as I rarely get the 15min wash to be 15mins.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine lying about washing times!’ is closed to new replies.