Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Washing machine fault, any engineers out there?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Washer stopped mid cycle with message “DOOR” on screen. I have bought a new interlock switch fitted it but machine does not show lock activated and therefore won’t do anything.

I have tried the old and new interlock, they both actuate and disengage as they should.Traced cables from interlock they go straight to the PCB.

However someone suggested the carbon brushes could be at fault. I have checked these, whilst low they still “seem” ok but low. Surely if its the brushes the door would show as locked on the display before trying to run?

Any help/advice or i’m buying another machine as its over 4 yrs old currently. (Indesit washer if that helps?).

MrNutt
    Free Member

weak or broken door spring or striker is the cause of the problem, if you are satisfied these are o/k, then it is probably a control board problem,

found on the internets

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Indesit Service isn’t bad, even for machines outside of the warrenty. I think it’s about £75 for the callout and the fix…. if it can be fixed. If not you’ve spunked £75 on someone in boiler suit telling you get another one.

To be fair though, I’ve used them a couple of times and they’ve fixed the machine in both cases (control board and motor) which meant the machines went on for quite a while longer which made it economic.

http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/hs/pages/book_a_service_call/before_begin.do

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Don’t know how the carbon brushes would be linked to the door interlock, but possibly worth replacing them. I’ve replaced brushes for a minimal amount before and saved a callout fee. When getting well worn the brushes can crack, but you only see this when you remove them

aracer
    Free Member

I’m an engineer. Whilst I do fix my own washing machine, I suspect you want a technician though.

Cougar

Make and model could be helpful?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I’m an engineer. Whilst I do fix my own washing machine, I suspect you want a technician though.

I chose not to go there, as this “debate” comes up regularly, but I’m sat here nodding…. 😉

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Anyone who has the ability to do some reasonable servicing on their bike could change the brushes on a washing machine (if that’s the problem) and save the £100 call out fee

higgo
    Free Member

aracer – Member

bristolbiker – Member
    I chose not to go there, as this “debate” comes up regularly, but I’m sat here nodding….

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yes, if it is the brushes…. sounds like the fault has not been conclusively diagnosed though. If the brushes look worn, then by all means change them….. but that may not be the cause of the fault.

In my case the ‘motor failure’ was a thrown winding. Given the cost of the motor, it made sense to pay the fixed cost.

MrNutt
    Free Member

how big does a washing machine have to be before an engineer is required?

bigbloke
    Free Member

indesit wixe 127uk.

Oh and excuse the engineer technician foul up……jesus 🙄

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine fault, any engineers out there?’ is closed to new replies.