Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • washing ipod nano's
  • handyman
    Free Member

have just washed sons ipod, left in pocket undetected by me, shall i just dry it out slowly and turn on tomorrow or anyone else have any ideas thanks

Taff
    Free Member

leave it. Do not switch it on. Someone said something te other day about leaving electrical items like this in some rice as the rice apparently draws moisture out.

tomzo
    Free Member

I did a similar thing to mine….and killed it. A few months later, i tried it…..and i now have a fully working ipod nano again! But yeah, as said, best not t turn it on, maybe leave it longer than a day to.

johnnyc

Put "ipod nano washing machine" into google, you'll see you are not the first…..few possible fixes there, rice seems to be a good 'un as Taff already said. Just make sure it's properly dry before trying to power it up again. Good luck!

CountZero

Pop it into a bag of rice then put it into the airing cupboard. Another trick would be to hunt around for some of those silicagel sachets that come with electronic devices and put some of those into a sandwich bag with the Nano then put it into the airing cupboard. Leave it for 24-36 hours. As it's SSD it will likely survive just fine, a Classic with an actual HD may not.

handyman
    Free Member

thanks for advice will let you know the outcome

deluded
    Free Member

I put my own through the wash. I instantly put it on charge. No adverse effect other than the battery display, although charged and fully functioning the display shows a thin line of red as if almost depleted.

radoggair
    Free Member

buy a new one from tesco's, put freshly washed one into box, take it back next day and ask for a refund. Bingo, brand new ipod free of charge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘washing ipod nano's’ is closed to new replies.