Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Washing Hands; Soap or water first?
  • Kryton57

Now, I’d rinse my hands, apply soap wash and rinse off. But my youngest had been taught to apply (liquid) soap first without water, rub hands and rinse off.

I now find myself in a soap quandary of course, should soap be applied to wet or dry hands?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I tend to add soap first but it’s not a degreaser, soap changes the surface tension of the water or something like that, so it’s not doing anything until the two come together…I think.

alanf
    Free Member

I find if my hands are pretty dirty (with oil/grease etc) then soap/cleaner first is better and gets to work on the offending substance. It usually needs more than one go at it though, so second application is after the first is rinsed off and usually not as potent, but then the first application gets most of the thick off. For general washing I don’t think it makes much difference, but probably tend to go with soap first.

loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t be much worse than touching a bar of wet soap with dry hands. I get cold shivers just thinking about it.

scotroutes

If it’s a bar of soap then your hands need to be wet first.

Liquid soap already has enough water in it.

And who is teaching your kids how to wash their hands if not you and your partner?

dantsw13

Tap on first or you get soap all over the tap, and if it’s tight you can’t turn it with slippy hands.

fasthaggis

This thread has been twinned with dull,but just add some soap,give it a rub and you could make it shine.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Splash of water, squidge of soap from the dispenser, wash vigorously, rinse thoroughly, dry vigorously..

That sequence isn’t hard to follow is it?

Tallpaul
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hang on, we’re a bit cart before the horse here, I think I can find a link for a tutorial on wiping your arse, bare with me…….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Scrunch or fold?

RustySpanner

Most people don’t know how to wash their hands.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Washing Hands; Soap or water first?’ is closed to new replies.