Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Washing Endura Stealth Jacket
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Too lazy to search today but what’s the best way to wash a waterproof softshell without ruining it ? Nikwax tekwash and softshell restorer (think it’s called?) or normal detergent at 30 deg c and a restorer ? Ta

rob-jackson
    Free Member

read the instructions printed on the inside of the jacket maybe a good start!!

ndthornton
    Free Member

I just rinse mine in the shower to get the dirt off

Ifrider
    Free Member

Thanks Rob, never though of that 🙂 No, it’s been washed before but heard you have to “look after” waterproof stuff as over time they deteriorate in performance…

zippykona

I followed all the instructions on my altura jacket and used the proper Nik wax stuff in the machine.
    The white membrane came off.
    Will hand wash stuff from now on.

My Stealth has never been the same since the first wash, but then I’m not that careful – maybe a lesson to be learnt.

I have to wash mine, as I stink of cats piss if I don’t 🙁

muddy@rseguy

If the jacket is still waterproof then just use something like Nikwax techwash or Grangers wash and proof (You can also use pure soap flakes and handwash in cold/lukewarm water instead)then leave to drip dry (dont put it on a radiator).If this doesn’t work then use the waterproof restorer as well but in a second wash cycle.

whatever you do DONT use normal washing powder/liquid (it contains bleaches which will remove all the waterproofing treatment or fabric softener which will just screw up the fabric.
    For the above reasons if you are machine washing clean out the detergent tray before you start.

If you have eVent jacket then once the jacket is dry, give it a once over with a warm steam iron (use a teatowel so you dont damage the jacket)as this brings back the full waterproofing. Works a treat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Washing Endura Stealth Jacket’ is closed to new replies.