Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Washed out Pentlands/Water of Leith steps
  • Northwind

Just a wee public health notice 😉 The flight of steps that’s closest to the foot of Poet’s Glen, running down to the WOL, is pretty damn washed out again… Still rideable with a bit of commitment but it’s definately got the potential to bite back especially if you don’t see it coming. So watch it!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I usually jump that on my cx bike.

Northwind

I was riding down it backwards as usual so I was a wee bit caught out.

(though seriously, I’ve seen people on the wednesday rides just rattle down it like a sack of spuds. I would not recommend this option just now.)

Stu_N

Is this recent? Rode it maybe 3 weeks ago and apart from the bottom one being a bit bigger than expected (gulp!), didn’t seem too bad.

Poet’s was well washed out about 2 weeks ago as well, worse (or better!) than it’s been for a while.

Northwind

Don’t know, it’s a while since I rode it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can’t believe you guys are riding that – you are adding to the erosion.

Kit
    Free Member

Jeez, do they fill the steps with “xtra eezy wash-out sand” or something? I take it there’s nice big holes behind each wooden step, like last time? I nearly got caught out before but luckily my immense skill and experience (read: 6″ full-susser, ahem) compensatedgot me down in one piece.

Anyway, no riding for me at the moment so hopefully they’ll be fixed soon…

13thfloormonk

I thought they were pretty nasty up and downhill, at the best of times? I’ve been using the little hairpin track behind the farm, means you can take in what was ‘pooh alley’ until it got paved.

Northwind

Hah, just went back down them today and they’ve been rebuilt. Public Safety Announcement is over!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Washed out Pentlands/Water of Leith steps’ is closed to new replies.