Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Washed my passport
  • Taz

Dumb Ass I know

But I washed a set of shorts with my passport in the pocket. I travel a lot with work and my next trip is 5th Oct to the U.S.

Passport looks ok. Any way I can get it checked as applying for a replacement of a damaged passport is a royal pain and I will need to do it in person due to timing?

trail_rat
    Free Member

If it looks ok its probably fine.

I washed mine and flew for 3 years on it before it was even picked up on. Including in and out of the states- houston and california., mines was all wrinkly and starting to peel on the photo page.

And that was in baku. Lucky the fact that they spent so long questioning me on the washed passport aspect they forgot the 350 manat fine for me not registering within 3 days of arrival.

MrNick
    Free Member

I don’t know about getting it checked, but I put my passport in the wash a few years ago. Everything was legible and photos clear. The only evidence that it had been in the wash was that all the paper was crumpled and some stamps a bit smudged. With that passport I travelled twice to the US without any problems at immigration (and a few other counties too), however; it was rejected when attempting to get a Visa for China.

If I was ever in the same situation again I would get it replaced before going, just in case – but I live in London, so it’s not difficult to get to the passport office in Victoria.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I did the same recently, currently sat in a restaurant in Menorca having travelled no problem.
    I spoke to the passport office people and was told to go to the airport if I was worried and get it scanned by immigration.

Taz

Thanks all. MD – I may just do that.

globalti
    Free Member

If you travel a lot, just get a second passport. It’s allowed. Saves worry when one is away for visas.

onandon
    Free Member

Be careful when you arrive in the US, they may do you for ……………… laundering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Washed my passport’ is closed to new replies.