Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wasdale campsite
  • voodoo_chile

anyone stayed there at the national trust site

advice and tips please

mybike
    Free Member

Yes & stay at Neather wasdale (Church Stile), 2 pubs & hot showers.

Dobbo

Nat trust is a good one, good facilities, but gets full quickly. the one run by the pub has hardly any facilities. The one at Nether Wasdale is good as mybike says and you can book.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I prefer the fisherground campsite in Eskdale, you cannot pre-book though; just turn up on the day.
    It means a nice ride over into Mitredale then along into Wasdale for a meal & a drink or three at the pub in Wasdale Head before heading back over the fell into Boot – the last section of trial quite literally drops you outside the pub!

ajf
    Free Member

nat trust does get busier than the others around there but even on sunny weekends is often not 100% full.

Better facilities than others around there so if you are into comfort camping and warm showers then its great. The wife loves it. Me? Well I would prefer to be closer to the pub.

Dobbo

I was camping in Boot (Eskdale) last weekend at the C & C site which is top notch, and you can book. I was talking to someone who was staying at Fisherground and he said it was quite water logged in parts and he wasn't too happy with things, most people seem happy with it though.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

You'll be unlikely to be turned away at the NT one- "busy" for Wasdale isn't the same as for, say, Langdale. Have a look at the NT site- I think they were setting up a booking system for the end of July.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wasdale campsite’ is closed to new replies.