Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wasabi peas – do i like them or not – i need to know before i'm sick?
  • somafunk

Do i like them?, will i like them if i persevere?, is it worth it?…… …..all my xmas pressie snacks are long gone, nae twiglets….nae hickory smoked almonds……nae salted brazil nuts….nae medjool dates…..nae pringles….nae M&S tubs of mixed nuts and all that remains in the empty cupboard is a large green bag of “Tesco Wasabi Snack Mix”, for the past few nights i’ve attempted to eat the 5 different snacks in the bag but for the love of god they are quite possibly the most **** foul tasting creations i ever had the misfortune to eat, are they like olives? – 20 odd years ago i persevered with olives and eventually i developed a taste for them that now borders on the obsessional.

Any advice?, or are they an aspirational snack?, perhaps only for those “in the know”, the “niche” of snacks so to speak.

Or should i just hand the bag back to the person that gave me them and tell them to **** right off with their crap xmas present?, perhaps they’re having a right giggle as they sit back right now whilst munching on a decent snack and thinking of me attempting to eat them.

yunki
    Free Member

I like peas, and I like wasabi…

together though, they cause me literally to weep bitter tears of abject misery
    they are the opposite of olives and are worse than aspirational.. I hate them now and in 20 years I will be harbouring 20 years more searing hatred.. They are the ignorant braying **** of the snack world

burn them in the fire

bwaarp
    Free Member

I like wasabi….

then again I like eating spoonfuls of wholegrain mustard.

scaredypants

I quite like ’em. One of those “not bad” snacks that you have to keep eating because the last one was nearly right

MrGreedy

They’re great, send them to me!

somafunk

One of those “not bad” snacks that you have to keep eating because the last one was nearly right

That’s it ^ ….they’re nearly right but not quite palatable……i keep trying one every now and again before gagging and spitting them out, they taste ok up to a point then all of a sudden i get a horrible taste and that’s it….my primitive neanderthal gag reflex kicks into action and shouts “poison” in big flashing red letters in my mind and before i realise it i’ve spat “p-toooey” into the stove.

I may just use them to light the fire with as they seem to burn rather well.

What a friggin shite xmas present……

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Eat them by the handful for the full flavour experience, this will help,you to decide.
    Me? I like them

bencooper
    Free Member

I think they’re disgusting, but strangely more-ish.

It’s odd – I’m perfectly happy with very hot peppers, but can’t take much wasabi or horseradish – my other half is vice versa, happy to eat horseradish out of the jar with a spoon, but can’t stand any more than a tiny bit of chilli.

Must be different receptors in the mouth or something.

somafunk

Yeah….i dislike horseradish and mustard – horrible stuff, but i use mustard seeds if i’m cooking indian food, especially bombay potatoes, and i make a cracking whole chill pakora and can quite happily eat green chillies like some folk eat peppers, especially if dipped into a cucumber n’ mint raita to cool the burn.

Cheers for the moral support peeps, i thought i may have been out of the loop on this one but it appears that wasabi lovers are just plain weird.

Ho-hum…..i’ve found some oatcakes and homemade red onion marmalade but i’ve nae xmas cheese left either…….xmas is well and truly over ain’t it? 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wasabi peas – do i like them or not – i need to know before i'm sick?’ is closed to new replies.