• This topic has 67 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Was my skills course worth it???
  • jedi

hora,
    most of the time i coach regular singletrack 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m convinced I’ve got the skillz to do this stuff, what I need is a consistent environment in which to practise and work up to stuff. The buggers have taken away the Cwmcarn planks tho 🙁

snowslave

Great thread. IMHO (please god I hope that’s not swearing in text talk!) money spent on decent skillz is far more significant than swapping bikes etc. for most riders.

jedi

molgrips, pop down on a sunday if you want

molgrips
    Free Member

Where are you?

timpol
    Free Member

molgrips – its in hertfordshire. I am usually pretty relaxed when I jump, now days anyway. Think it might be the pics, that first pic landed ok, both wheels togther.

jedi

timpol,
    keep working on the skill set and keep me updates as always 🙂

popstar
    Free Member

Wahh, +1 for Jedi coaching. Think many UK qualified instructors will put many riders into the groove. But I believe the way Jedi teaches is the future.

Had 1-2-1 with Jedi, all my riding buddies noticed me from being crazy twunt to super smooth these days. Even myself started to feel the actual flow. But from this review, damn … I would like another session with Jedi again. Even though I may not need it at all.

jedi

popstar, thank you for your kind words. i follow your ride write ups and it’s great to see that your riding has been affected so positively. you’re encouragement of others to get out and ride is awesome.
    🙂

keyses2

popstar, if you want another session, do one ! I’ve done two and the progression and changes in my riding since the second have been amazing. I’m a very different rider from before and feel so much better on the bike 🙂 . Very tempted by a third session to see where my riding could progress to next …

tonka
    Free Member

It’s all true what they say about Tony’s courses. I did one a while back and was getting more air on my hardtail than I used to on my full-suss!
    P.S. I’m 47 and break more easily than I used to. It’s all in the mind and Tony can sort that is a very spooky way 🙂

jedi

jenny, the change in your riding has been outstanding. keep working on the things we covered and you may not need to return so quickly/at all :).

tonka, i didnt know you were on this forum. i told you i could teach you to fly safer 🙂

keyses2

whaddya mean i may not need to come back, i cant get round tight switchbacks properly yet !!! 🙂

Radioman

well done…looks superb…i cant wait to have a lesson…hopefully some time off work in next 2 weeks..so i’ll try to get something in the week,,,im late 40s too so no beginner, and definitely the mental side will be a help for me too!…some of Tony’s tips just in passing when we met have helped me a lot, so i cant wait to get a decent session with him. i just wish i had more time to ride…just sundays at the mo…

_tom_
    Free Member

Well my session was awesome. I don’t want to clog this thread with a long write up but I will say that Tony has got me going faster, smoother and back in the air including gap jumps 😀

jedi

keyeses2, 🙂
    radioman, i’m looking forward to that see you in 2 weeks. 🙂

tom, yesterdays session with you rocked 🙂
    did you get all of the photos as well as the blog link i sent you?

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep I got it all, cheers 😀 Think I may be back to Herts Shore in a few weeks one Sunday if that’s ok, want to try and nail the rhythm section or maybe have a go at that wood booter we looked at.

jedi

yes of course. remember to work on the fundamentals and the techniques will happen easier than ever. i told you i’d get you flying again did n’t i ? 🙂 🙂

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Well I’m sold, I’ll definitely be booking a coaching session or two for next year.

cr500dom
    Free Member

+1 For a day with Jedi 😀

I had a group, jumps and drops session with Tony a couple of weeks back, and it was without a doubt, THE single best spend on biking I have ever made…. and by far and away the best upgrade !!

I`d had a couple of big offs over silly jumps and had lost my confidence really, as well as being short on skills…

To start the day struggling to time a loft of the front wheel over a stick correctly, left me feeling a little silly.
    To end the day clearing that 12′ gap jump off the log booter was just amazing 😀

My riding generally has really benefited too, out with mates at the weekend, a lot of them couldnt believe the difference is smoothness and flow which was nice.

I`ll be back in the new year to build on what I learned for sure.
    Its the best investment in my riding enjoyment I`ve ever made.
    Cheers Tony 8)

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I can’t wait for the blog following Hora’s session:

“Mark contacted me because he struggles to keep a bike upright and as he is left-handed, can’t ride at all if there is any kind of distraction on his left hand side. We looked at his current skills and I went to the van to get the stabilisers and a spanner.

After 30 minutes of Mark not listening and just wanting to talk about Pamela Anderson’s breasts, he announced that he had to get to John Lewis to buy a pepper mill and that was the end of the session.”

Dango
    Free Member

lol 😀

jedi

cr500dom – Member

+1 For a day with Jedi

I had a group, jumps and drops session with Tony a couple of weeks back, and it was without a doubt, THE single best spend on biking I have ever made…. and by far and away the best upgrade !!

I`d had a couple of big offs over silly jumps and had lost my confidence really, as well as being short on skills…

To start the day struggling to time a loft of the front wheel over a stick correctly, left me feeling a little silly.
    To end the day clearing that 12′ gap jump off the log booter was just amazing

My riding generally has really benefited too, out with mates at the weekend, a lot of them couldnt believe the difference is smoothness and flow which was nice.

I`ll be back in the new year to build on what I learned for sure.
    Its the best investment in my riding enjoyment I`ve ever made.
    Cheers Tony

cheers for the props there dom.
    stopadoodledo, as always you crack me up. long time no see 🙂

jedi

timpol, was nice to see you again today mate. oh and well done 🙂

timpol
    Free Member

cheers mate, quality day in every way!

jedi

timpol, you need to consolidate everything now before moving on to other stuff.
    make sense?

timpol
    Free Member

yea it does, whats next then lol 🙂

jedi

after consolidating you need to work on the wooden berm into the step up/down (vikki) plus we need to work on your judgemnt of speed more too. then styling in the air 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Was my skills course worth it???’ is closed to new replies.