Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Was it you pushing a bike down the llanberis path from Snowdon on the 25th?
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

Please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, potato waffle, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me, please don’t let it be me… nope, weren’t I.

takisawa2

It wasn’t me or my immediate family.

Was he pushing a blue Grifter ?

**I have no affiliation with blue Grifters, but I thought it best if we hit this from two angles…you know, sort of process of elimination, confirm non presence & eliminate certain bikes at the same time. Columbo taught me this approach.

dirtydog
    Free Member

I think I was in Anglesey that weekend, come to think of it I haven’t been up the Llanberis path at all this year, so no, definately not me.

Just checked and it was none of my mates either. Do you want names, that way you can rule them out?

BruceWee

It could have been me.

But I live in Norway so it probably wasn’t. I’ll ask my friends but they live in Norway and don’t bike so it’s a bit of a long shot.

Edit: Actually I just realised you’re looking for someone who wasn’t biking so it might be one of them afterall.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What was the question?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Something about Edward Snowden – don’t worry, the Feds are onto it.

maccruiskeen

Now that this thread runs over several pages its quite difficult to know who it definately wasn’t and who is yet to say it wasn’t them. Could someone put together some sort of spreadsheet of who it wasn’t and what they were doing instead so that it can be cross referenced and corroborated. It could later turn out to be a valuable historic snap shot of MTBing in the UK, a sort of doomsday book but with only IT literate cycle shirkers in it.

Not me btw, I was pushing my bike down Skiddaw at exactly the same time and date. But nobody saw me so no one will ever find out.

aracer
    Free Member

bump to give those who haven’t yet posted an opportunity to help the OP by ruling themselves out.

BTW I’ve checked my diary and it doesn’t mention anything about Snowdon so I’m still not sure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some nerd spammed my hotmail address and sent loads of mails to contacts in there, of all the mails sent not one of my contacts has owned up either.

Sorry, I tried (in a round about way) but failed…

wordnumb
    Free Member

Also, what are the best all-round tyres for pushing down Snowdon?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Would you be better with your tyres flipped of directional?

Wasn’t me either I was in Morzine riding Laps of serpentine looking for pussywillow

handyandy
    Free Member

I have asked a few biking friends, and they all say no. Please delete the following from any database/pie charts:

Steve
    Matt
    Phil
    Andy.

Thank you.

handyandy
    Free Member

Out of interest, was he/she pushing carefully, or at maximum pushing speed? We could all gang up and laugh at them for getting it wrong!

wwaswas

We’re doing this wrong.

we need pictures of people pushing bicycles and then the Op can decide if they look familiar;

wordnumb
    Free Member

We’re doing this wrong.

You might be right. What if the OP meant that this mystery rider who wasn’t any of the above, or so they say, was pushing a bike down Snowdon? As in pushing the bike to the very limits allowed by the laws of physics in Wales without exploding. I bet somebody would claim responsibility if it was that meaning and not the other meaning. If you see what I mean.

ell_tell
    Free Member

In the interests of openness & equality I wanted to confirm that it was neither I.

righog
    Free Member

This is the only picture of “Pushists” that I have.

Hope this helps in some small way, towards your quest.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Like pushing the envelope?

stoney
    Free Member

It was me !!!!! 😳

q mikewsmith……..

wordnumb That would be a Maxis Larson………. 😉

zelak999
    Free Member

^^^^^^^Solved!!^^^^^^^

mrchrist

I did in April.

Pushed to the top and then on the way down within 5m on the first set of steps mech caught in spokes, ripped 3 spoke out and buckled my wheel so it wouldn’t turn.

Tried to true but the missing spokes meant i couldn’t bring the wheel true again.

Walked down most of it to avoid the buckled wheel rubbing through the carbon stay on my yeti and cracking it!

Character building!

ps have a clutch mech now.

aracer
    Free Member

I did in April.

Are you totally sure it wasn’t more recently than that?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Stoney – Can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but a pair of Larsens on Snowdon would probably make for a memorable ride.

Mrchrist – I took a walking group up Snowdon round about then. A green (I think) Yeti with a pringled rear wheel rolled past us about 5pm where the path turns to tarmac making a worrying sound of rubber against frame. I made the universally recognised expression of ‘mate, that doesn’t sound healthy’.

zokes
    Free Member

I’m afraid it wasn’t me either. I was flying around in this over an Australian wine region at the time…

Gary_M
    Free Member

But nobody saw me so no one will ever find out.

If nobody saw you were you really there?

Still waiting for quite a few returns from colleagues but 2,563 peaple have confirmed it wasn’t them, no one has claimed responsibility. I’ll update later this week.

kayak23

I took the liberty of placing an advertisement in the Times. Hopefully we can shed some light on this quandary forthwith.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^ 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It wasn’t Dennis from Manchester because he was riding round Le Gets on his own, unless he got lonely & hot footed it to Snowdon but I doubt it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Turns out it wasn’t anyone on our payroll, so that’s a load off the list.

H2H

mudsux
    Free Member

??

lister

I’ve been trying to track down an old school mate on facebook and finally found him last week.
    You’ll be glad to know that it wasn’t Tim Jones who went to the Newcastle RGS between 1991 and 1994.
    He’s not even a mountain biker.

Hope this helps.

PS Wasn’t me either.

senorj

I had a dream last night , in the dream , it may have been me. 😯
    Can’t be sure though as it was all fuzzy when i woke up.

rockhopper70

4 pages!
    My best ever OP!

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Was it you pushing a bike down the llanberis path from Snowdon on the 25th?’ is closed to new replies.