Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Was it you pushing a bike down the llanberis path from Snowdon on the 25th?
  • bokonon
    Free Member

I was in Leighton Buzzard.

toby1

I haven’t been to Snowdon this, so it PROBABLY wasn’t me!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Whoever it was wouldn’t have needed to push – unless Welsh gravity works differently?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I was visiting trillions of midges at torridon.

rockhopper70

Is this still going on??.?
    How about only posting if it was you?

🙄

bearnecessities

How about only posting if it was you?

My irony-o-meter just exploded.

corroded
    Free Member

I’m in Australia so you can definitely rule me out. HTH

bedmaker

I had the in-laws campervan in Ullapool that weekend so I’m certain it wasn’t me.

What kind of bike was it, I could ask around?

Come to think of it, I’ve never even been to Ireland.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was in t’arrowgate so won’t me lad.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I did get very drunk on Friday night but I’m fairly sure I didn’t borrow a jet plane and DH bike (in Oz too?)

PiknMix
    Free Member

It was me, I had a flat at the top so duly turned my bike upside down to fix it and whatdya know the whole thing just stopped working once it was up righted!

Right mardy walk down that was;)

sleepless
    Free Member

It was not me sir. I always carry my bike down hill between those times of the day. I do not own a push bike either.

kayak23

Not me, sorry. I was in Monmouth.

plyphon
    Free Member

Ah that was me,

I was fine, but the bike was a bit grumpy, so we had a walk down instead.

prawny

I was doing kirroughtree red that day, I did take a wrong turn at one point, but I don’t think I went that far off course.

scandal42
    Free Member

I was a bit drunk, so it was more than likely me.

mcnultycop

I’d ridden up with out dabbing, however I got some bad news at the top and couldn’t ride through the tears so had to trudge back down.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If it was a green rigid singlespeed it was probably me, oh hang on I was in Greece, so must have been someone else. 😀

ampthill

I did think of only answering if it was me. But I was worried that the thread might die with only 1 potential replier, who might well miss it as well.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I don’t think it was me. Are you sure it was the 25th?

granny_ring

So it might have been you then broken…… 🙂

brokensoul
    Free Member

granny_ring – MemberSo it might have been you then broken…… 

I don’t think it was the 25th, though.

Houns

If it had have been the 22nd and it was being ridden down, not pushed, it would’ve been me

Scapegoat

I’m reliably informed that the rider concerned made it all the way to the top and then suddenly realised he was about to attempt a difficult descent and was using a bike with an obsolete wheel standard. As there were possibly somne roots and rocks to roll over he thought it best to walk and lift the tiny, momentum free 26 inch wheels carefully over the trail obstacles.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If the rider was on a mountain bike then it wasn’t me.

You must be close to finding out who it is now.

iolo
    Free Member

I actually was on Snowdon on 25th.

Did I have a bike?

No.

Maybe it was me pushing a ghost bike.

pondo

I thought it was you.

winch
    Free Member

It was me.

I reached the top only to realise that it had been more than 72 hours since I last logged in to STW. Since all of my decisions are informed by this forum I then went into a spiral of insecurity resulting in a panic attack fuelled by a raging internal inferno of buyers remorse. I am told I was heard muttering “slx..xt…No! deore is plenty” whilst hunched over my bike locked in a transcendental gaze.

When I came around I considered my only option to be to walk down whilst pondering the smallness of my mind by comparison with the STW hive mind, thankful for my narrow escape from inevitable ignorance led dissatisfaction. Later, whilst recovering from the ordeal in Caffi Gwynant, I stumbled across a copy of ‘Horse and Rider’ and decided to part exchange my bike for a java pony and McClellan saddle.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have just been reliably informed by the voices in my head that it probably wasn’t me, although the voices did say something about ‘bearing down’, so can’t be certain.

Did you find my medicine up there?

rickt
    Free Member

I have never been there, so it was not me.

Also, I have asked a few friends too, they said no too.

Hope this helps with your search.

Cheezpleez

I know who it was. It’s obvious really.

You’ll kick yourself.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I was driving my car up the M6 on the way to Peebles on the 25th so I don’t think it was me. I was a bit grumpy though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just asked my wife, wasn’t her either.

The company I work for have circa 12,000 staff around the UK, would you like me to send a group email to check if it was any of them?

ampthill

Gary M. just realised I hadn’t asked around at work. Not sure any one else rides so its a long shot…

My hunch was that he got to the top and realised he hadn’t set the sag correctly on his forks. So he was walking down for a shock pump….

lunge

25th you say? No, not me either, I was at my niece’s Christening so can confirm it wasn’t my brother either. What tyres did they have? Were they the right ones for pushing down Snowdon?

muddyfool

Not me either. Not that I’d admit it anyway – everyone knows the rangers is much more gnarr to push down.

mrblobby
    Free Member

My hunch was that he got to the top and realised he hadn’t set the sag correctly on his forks. So he was walking down for a shock pump….

Probably didn’t realise it was incorrectly set as he’d driven his bike up to the top in his Vauxhall Frontera.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Just checked with the wife was not me I was off camping with the kids.

Kahurangi

Sorry, just realised that you might have been waiting for my reply!

Wasn’t me either.

aracer
    Free Member

I can’t confirm whether or not it was me at the moment as without checking I’m not sure where I was on the 25th. Did you have to leave it so long before asking – I thought even North Wales had internet access nowadays?

Though come to think of it, are you sure it was a bike not a unicycle? I mostly ride a unicycle off-road nowadays, so if it really was a bike, then I guess that makes it unlikely it was me.

Actually pondering that again I’ve never ridden or pushed my unicycle up or down Snowdon, so the fact it was a bike you saw actually makes it more likely it was me. What colour did you say the bike was again?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Was it you pushing a bike down the llanberis path from Snowdon on the 25th?’ is closed to new replies.