Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Was impressed when I didn't think I would be…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… when I watched “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” just to see what the fuss was all about.

Woooaaaaagh. That Lisbeth, eh? Wotta gal…

Interesting subtext, too.

timbur
    Free Member

I know it’s always the case but the book is so much better IMHO.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Yes, better than I expected.

I’m genuinely concerned about ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’ though… really could go either way 😐

ebygomm
    Free Member

Spoilt totally for me by one plot change that was totally unnecessary and alters the subtext a fair bit for subsequent parts.

johnners
    Free Member

I know it’s always the case but the book is so much better IMHO

I’d usually agree with that, but I thought the film wasn’t bad, while the book was almost unremittingly tedious. “Atmospheric” would be the kindest way to describe it…

vinnyeh

my problem is that Noomi Rapace looks nothing like the Lisbeth Salander that lives inside my head.

I have this problem with a lot of books I’ve read that have been made into films.

Not really a fan of the books either though.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m genuinely concerned about ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’ though… really could go either way

Just rewatched Alec Guinness miniseries and then the other one. Highly recommend it if you haven’t. Would be interested to know if it could be remastered and cleaned up somehow – probably expensive, tho.

scaredypants

johnners +1

I was really disappointed by the book

Philby

Thought the whole series of books were outstanding – one of the few times I have had difficulty putting a book down.

Don’t really want to see the films as I understand their storyline veers a bit away from the books.

beanieripper
    Free Member

shes a minger but the film was good..

tommytowtruck

Really good film, if a touch disturbing in places. Apparently it’s being remade for some reason, can’t see why myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Was impressed when I didn't think I would be…’ is closed to new replies.