Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Was I wrong for smirking?
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

Was it wrong of me to have a little laugh when a chap jumped the lights in front of me yesterday, only for his chain to snap half-way across the junction?

Woody
    Free Member

Yes. You should have had a very large guffaaaawwww while pointing 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

karma!

molgrips
    Free Member

Did he get taken out by a bus whilst flailing helplessly in the middle of the road?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Did he get taken out by a bus whilst flailing helplessly in the middle of the road?

No – but he did have to get out of the way fairly sharpish as, even without the chain breaking, it wasn't the best planned of red light jumps.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I can't get anywhere in Edinburgh without jumping the lights- just going from Bruntsfield to Haymarket the lights would add around 10 minutes to a journey that takes less than 5!

MrNutt
    Free Member

if there's no photos it didn't happen!

epicsteve
    Free Member

This was in Balerno. The next set of lights was probably a couple of miles away.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

It is a bit different in the edge of town. Jumping that sort of thing's a bit daft.

Kit
    Free Member

A friend of mine recently got caught going through 2 sets of red lights in Edinburgh – £30 fine. I did warn her…

yunki
    Free Member

it's never ever wrong to smirk..

EDIT: unless you're from Newcastle

waveydavey
    Free Member

I hope it was the same guy who got a little miffed when I questioned him for jumping the lights on the way to Balerno a while back.
    He then tried to get me to ride in the gutter, thinking I was too far out on the road.
    I ain't riding in the gutter for nobody, has nobody read Cyclecraft?

jim
    Free Member

just going from Bruntsfield to Haymarket the lights would add around 10 minutes to a journey that takes less than 5!

Set off 10mins earlier?

MarkDatz
    Free Member

nevr smirk teechers spot that !@#$ allweys stair at the blakbord

geoffj

SpokesCycles – Member

I can't get anywhere in Edinburgh without jumping the lights- just going from Bruntsfield to Haymarket the lights would add around 10 minutes to a journey that takes less than 5!

Is that message endorsed by your sponsor?

BigJohn

In Newcastle, smirking in pubs is banned. You have to gan ootside for a tab.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Was I wrong for smirking?’ is closed to new replies.