Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • was i wrong and will i die?
  • wozza180
    Free Member

ive just about finished building myself a hardcore hartail using a Dartmoor hornet frame.The question is wether i should have gone down the steel route instead,would`ve loved to build up a genesis Alpitude but second hand frames seem to be as rare as rocking horse S#*t.
    How noticable is the difference between steel and aluminium?

scaredypants

never heard of dartmoor hornet til now but that’s no bad thing

Al frames are generally a bit lighter and a bit harder/harsher to ride (with exceptions from both sides). No bad thing but if you feel you’re being kicke up the arse all the time, it may be the frame partially at “fault”

ed. If you do die, can I have the bike ?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

You may reach an age when you decide to grow a beard, and feel the need to self-flagellate through the twin pillars of “fully rigid” and “singlespeed”. After this you will attain an enlightened state and realise that aluminium and its alloys, and therefore your current frame, are in fact a mythical construct.

You’ll be fine.

wozza180
    Free Member

Sorry scaredy one of my mates has already got dibbs on the bike, he knows a good thing when he sees one(i nearly kill myself every time i ride it)!!!
    Cheers pleader for the positive words, wierdly i do seem to be moving through movember and into beardycember!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘was i wrong and will i die?’ is closed to new replies.