Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Was I really riding in Scotland today? Sunny Innerleithen ride pics content
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – Innerleithen. Absolutely perfect riding weather too. Had to keep pinching myself and tell myself I wasn’t back in Spain. It was my first ride there and I didn’t expect to be pretty much climbing for the first 6 miles on singletrack. Took me around an hour and a half to get to the top of Minch Moor.

The Minch Moor downhill was banging including a new bit apprently added in the last year – loved the descent and all the singletrack that followed. I just did the red and not that 1km black section. I just didn’t want any accidents as I am off travelling next week and can’t risk any major crashes.

But yeah, it was a “cautious” descent down the final Caddon Bank, but can see how if you are jumpy it is top notch as an xc descent. Loved it and will deffo go back again some time.

Quite a tricky course to photo on your own mind and also I was focussing all my energy on getting up to Minch Moor and then having too much fun on the way down to stop and do some bermy swooshy photos 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol at the guy sticking his fingers up in the background! Looks like you had a fantastic day for it.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

wow, love those top two photos. i’m jealous, i’ve not been to inners for ages – taking the day off tomorrow to ride since the weather’s meant to be nice, but i’ll just be in the pentlands…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers Mrs Flash

DGOAB – well as far as I can work out the good weather should be here for a while. I may do Newcastleton on Thursday in preparation for the biggie – Kirroughtree – on Saturday. Will see how my legs feel mind 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

looks like excellent looking forward to riding there soon

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yep you’ll love it.

Am probably not riding Newcastleton tomorrow, just going for a swim in order to save myself for the big one on Saturday. Forecast is for rain mind but hey, makes a difference to all this sun 😀 In these circumstances I always ask myself “What would SimonFBarnes do?”.

And then planning on Drumlanrig on the Tuesday and then a couple of swims and am off!

tommo999
    Free Member

Ah yes Scotland in the sun, bringing back memories of my recent trip. I want to go there immediately 🙁 Innerleithen is a nice little ride.

mrsflash
    Free Member

“What would SimonFBarnes do?”.

perve at the ladies??

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah yes, but given that it will just be Forge and myself ripping up McMoab at Kirroughtree (and maybe Forge’s mate TBC), I was more thinking about his attitude to weather. See there is more than one dimension to his good self 😀

jimmy

Might be at K’tree on Saturday, too.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cool – we are going to be setting off at 9, basically to allow me to get back home before 5 as my aunt is coming down for dinner 😀 Given our pace (or should I say my pace) you may well catch up with us on the way round. I’ll be the one sessioning the chute and not dabbing at all on McMoab.

jimmy

will watch out for you, although we won’t be off til more like 11 I guess so overtaking unlikely…

simonralli2
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

very jealous, love that descent ogg minch moor, swoopy, bermy, droppy lovelyness

*ponders firing up the rocketmobile for a weekend away*

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – not too sure when you were last there but apparently the new section is recently built. Some guy said it was a hassle riding through braken or something.

You know it makes sense. It’s just brilliant to be able to ride with just a t shirt on at the Stanes – can’t remember the last time I did that! 2005 probably.

Get yourself up on Friday at a campsite and join Forge and myself for some Kirroughtree singletrack heaven this Saturday! You know it makes sense 😀

forge197
    Free Member

I’ll be riding Stanes Saturday and Sunday not sure where on Sunday probably Dalbeattie

But Saturday is the Kirroughtree Saturday Social with a bit of sessioning along the way, probably ought to start a new thread 🙂 9am start should be back at the car park around 3 – 3.30 I reckon with the en-route sessioning and relaxed pace.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I hate you, sorry, but I do. Innerleithen is my favourate trail in the uk and you where on it on a sunny day while I was stuck in here….. I hate you, do you hear…

geoffj

In these circumstances I always ask myself “What would SimonFBarnes do?”.

😯 😯 😯

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi Forge, I had thought about emailling you to see if you wanted to put up a ride thread, but I think our planned 9:00 meet time could be a bit early for the STW masses!

I just don’t think my legs will be in any state for a ride on Sunday – I thought about maybe going to Mabie for a walk and to get some MTB footage for a new youtube and to enter that Andes MTB competition 🙂

Feel free to start a thread to see if anyone else wants to come along tho.

John – yeah – I am feeling your pain. Like I said, had to keep pinching myself I wasnt back in Spain the weather was so nice.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Was I really riding in Scotland today? Sunny Innerleithen ride pics content’ is closed to new replies.