• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by krag.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Was anyone else in the SW………………….
  • trailmonkey

Retarded enough to commute in this morning ?

Double puncture too – marvelous 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Went for my usual “fake” commute – 13 miles of extreme dampness on the MTB. Quite enjoyed it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Krag did, lost his keys enroute and now he has a car & a flat & a bike lock he can’t get into, I dare say he got a tad damp too 😀

pah, weather, the scurge of the working classes 😀

krag
    Free Member

MrNutt did ensure I took a spare pair of socks though, bless him.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I didn’t have to work today, but even taking the kids the .75miles to school gave me a complete soaking.

richmars

Yes, 13 miles to Cambridge, got here just befire the rain.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you could turn them into a rope to climb in through the window upon your return! never leave the house without a spare pair of socks folks, the original utility belt!

krag
    Free Member

Or entertain myself by making sock puppets out of them.

Serves me right for wearing headphones on my commute and not hearing the keys fall out of my hoodie.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Yup, however my mahoosive commute is only 2.5 miles 😀

trailmonkey – Member

Double puncture too – marvelous

Not on the wheels that need to be changed in a garage by a car tyre changing machine 😯

brakeswithface

South Wales was rather damp as well.

trailmonkey

dave, luckily not

fuzzhead
    Free Member

yeah, lovely morning 😉 just hope the rain calms down a bit for the journey home!

krag
    Free Member

And to add the rain, the M4 is closed cos someones threating to jump off a bridge. Brilliant.

Del

yup. bit warm for a jacket – could really have left it off….
    😀

tim41
    Free Member

Nope. Had planned to ride in but with last night’s forecast and the rain battering against the window at 6.30 this morning, I opted for the train instead. Which also makes it all a bit less faff for going to the pub after work, result 🙂

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Which part of the m4? Im on my way to afan for a weekend of glorious sunshine and riding and we’re about to hit the m4.

jam-bo

walking the dog at 6am this morning was pretty soggy. my drive across the moors was as wet as I’ve seen it in a while.

I think the winter monsoon is here agian, time to hang up the bikes and get out the kayak…

toys19
    Free Member

Pushed racer 500 meters to school with 3 year old on crossbar seat, after that it eased off so I rolled in to work from there. In all about a mile travelled..

krag
    Free Member

Which part of the m4? Im on my way to afan for a weekend of glorious sunshine and riding and we’re about to hit the m4.

On the M4 westbound between junctions J12 and J15, there are currently delays of 1 hour caused by congestion due to an earlier incident. Normal traffic conditions expected from 2:00 pm. Highways agency

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Was anyone else in the SW………………….’ is closed to new replies.