Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Was anyone a more rubbish husband than me last night?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

All I had to do was come home from work, put in the M&S meal deal, and be an attentive and loving husband for the evening.
    What actually happened was I was late home from work, so Mrs Squad had to put the dinner in then she cleared up because I’m rubbish at it apparently. After dinner she dug out a box of every single Valentine’s day card we’ve ever give each other (31 years worth) to have a look at, at which point I then fell asleep. It was 9:30pm.
    I have decided I’m officially rubbish.

richmars

It’s the thought that counts.

orangespyderman

Yeah – I think you win. You really suck. I got some chocs for MrsSpyderMan from M&S just while I was out getting sarnies for lunch, and gave her those then we sat and watched a Harry Potter film that was on telly before going to bed. I thought that was a bit lame but boy, you’re terrible.

legend
    Free Member

After dinner she dug out a box of every single Valentine’s day card we’ve ever give each other (31 years worth) to have a look at

You might be crap, but I dont think that level of punishment was justified

kimbers

legend +1, sounds dull enough to send anyone to sleep

daviek

Don’t be so hard on yourself! Valentine’s day goes both ways and all Mrs squad did was heat up a ready meal for you

On the other hand i had a tremendous day, the Mrs spent all day at work, it was one of the kids birthdays so I spent all day playing games with them all (in service day) and then at night we sat down to watch Trolls.

Not much of a valentine’s day but I had a great day.

xcgb
    Free Member

Well I was on my way to buy choccies and was called back to help, as a rescue dog we have been looking for for 10 days locally was spotted eating a dead badger on a compost heap! I was late for dinner but hey it makes me a nice guy surely (although I smelt of sardines and probably still do)

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Your wife sounds like a mentalist. I’d leave while you still can.

Peyote
    Free Member

I got my wife a FitBit that was incompatible with her phone.

Though I did cook a curry in the evening.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I might well have been…

Went for a post-work ride, as per my 2017 routine, all was fine until I got to the roundabout just down from the Two Brothers pub on Townhill Way. Went to take the right-hand turn towards Mansbridge at seemingly normal gear/speed and the front end washed out from under me. 👿

Wazoo has scrapes to right bar end, right pedal and rear derailleur (worried I might have screwed it or the hanger, there seemed to be a ~1 second delay to change to harder gear).

I came out of it not too bad, except for my right hand, the one I screwed up (literally) in my Xmas 2013 RTA along with my wrist. Brunt of the tarmac impact was taken by the fleshy padding by my thumb, was mighty sore last night and pretty swollen (ice helped).

So I spent Valentines night feeling sorry for myself and licking my wounds, struggling to feel the slightest bit romantic.

Do I win? 😆

bruneep

I put Mrs b’s pj’s on radiator to warm for when she came home after a 12hr nightshift.

This was the best thing ever apparently, simple things it seems

ElShalimo

After dinner she dug out a box of every single Valentine’s day card we’ve ever give each other (31 years worth)

– have you got Stockholm Syndrome?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I booked a restaurant which got a bit behind on food orders… we had our main courses at 10pm….

hey ho

P-Jay
    Free Member

daviek – Member

Valentine’s day goes both ways

What?

Seriously?

I’ve been badly misinformed.

theotherjonv

“I didn’t get you anything because I had to capture a rescue dog that was eating a dead badger on a compost heap”

You are Vic Reeves and I claim my £5

Wife and i rarely eat together because she’s doing weightwatchers or slimming world or something, and I’m doing 5:2 so in the week at least we sort our own food out.

So i had smoked mackerel and then a session on the turbo (which in itself is another thread, about the perils of smoked mackerel an hour before a turbo session – boak!) and then a bath, while she watched telly. Then we went to bed, I gave her a foot massage, and then we both agreed we couldn’t be arsed and went to sleep.

Rubber_Buccaneer

bruneep – Member
    I put Mrs b’s pj’s on

Kinky devil 🙂

slowoldman

Buy a card and pop an M&S meal deal in the microwave. Yay!

br
    Free Member

Valentine’s day goes both ways [/I]

Yer, right. No doubt she’s working out where to put the patio…

xcgb
    Free Member

“I didn’t get you anything because I had to capture a rescue dog that was eating a dead badger on a compost heap”

You are Vic Reeves and I claim my £5

Lol If only it wasn’t true!

AlexSimon

I went out to give my wife some peace and quiet.

MoreCashThanDash

My wife dropped me at A&E to have my thumb stitched back up, popped home to sort out the washing, picked me up, and then we went to see Jnr play in the County Schools Orchestra.

Wasn’t the greatest romantic day of our lives. But fairly normal for us.

jimbobo
    Free Member

I was 2 hours late home as some second rate football was happening and therefore the entire city comes to a standstill in every direction.

I bought posh desserts, which were too rich, I bought special juice (she doesn’t drink), it was “insipid” and apparently the message in my card implied i was cheating on her?

Edukator
    Free Member

I have a cold at the stage where you get through half a box of tissues a day so slept on the living room floor rather than risk contaminating Madame.

SaxonRider

I pedalled home from work, walked in the door to the sound of a gaggle of noisy kids. Ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup, helped the younger kids get to sleep, then sat angst-ridden in a chair in the living room before going up to bed.

Yay.

Kryton57

Valentines day has become a capitalist commercial venture op, do somethimg nice at any other tome of the year not when the telly box tells you.

mountainman

Valentines day has become a capitalist commercial venture op, do somethimg nice at any other tome of the year not when the telly box tells you.

Totally agree, over commercialized. We just had steak for tea which i cooked as usual as she says i cook it better then she went to work at 18.30 for the night,so a night ride round the lanes for me,then watched n recorded Endeavor. then bed.

slackboy

Uncharacteristically, I bought flowers and then took her out to a nice restaurant for dinner.

She is suspicious and thinks I’m having an affair.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

We don’t even bother with our wedding anniversary, all total pish designed to rob you of your cash and dignity.
    I did cook a very tasty curry though.

kerley
    Free Member

Whereas my wife remarked at around 21:00 “oh yeah, it was Valentine’s day today wasn’t it”

Neither of us care remotely about such things.

Coyote
    Free Member

Definitely. I buy Mrs.C flowers a couple of times a month. Bought her some roses from Sainsbury’s the other week, about £10. Red roses yesterday were £25 and the only real differences were 12 instead of 10 and a but of fancy ribbon which goes in the bin anyway.

patriotpro
    Free Member

364 days to make it up…

drlex
    Free Member

^ £3 in lidl.
    Bought 4 steaks instead (a little more than £3), and sent one of the kids to the chippie whilst the other rustled up a salad, so that dinner was easily sorted. Then ruined it by going out until close on midnight.

DezB
    Free Member

Student, apparently.

zanelad
    Free Member

We had a very romantic evening. Mrs Z babysat the grandchildren while I took our daughter to the supermarket.

I ended up paying for her monthly shop too 👿

She’s perfected the art (learnt from her mother) of taking so long to find her purse that I pay so that we can leave the shop.

yetidave
    Free Member

I got Mrs yeti a card and a box of chocolates. Then drove to Yorkshire and left them in a cupboard at home…

harvey
    Free Member

I gave my wife a fridge for valentines . you should have seen her face light up when she opened the door.

windyg
    Free Member

Good job we don’t bother with valentines, i can home from a tough day at work and fell asleep in front of the computer within minutes, she just laughed asking how many times had i tried to read the page i was looking at.

weeksy

Another wonderful “we’re too sodding miserable…” STW thread.

If you lot were not to bloody busy being miserable grumpy sods you could have a fun life.

I went out with Mrs Weeksy to a lovely restaurant in Goring, sitting looking out at the river eating great food…. We shared a card swapping moment and i spent a tenner on a present for her… We were both very happy.

legend
    Free Member

iirc its 5 STW points for “we don’t do valentines”

She got some flowers, we had a nice meal, I had beer, she regretted being pregnant, everyone wins!

weeksy

iirc its 5 STW points for “we don’t do valentines”

Same for “We don’t do Xmas” , “we don’t drink instant coffee”, “don’t own a diesel car”…. ?

etc etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Was anyone a more rubbish husband than me last night?’ is closed to new replies.