Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Warwickshire rides… Do they exist?
  • mu771n

Hi,

I have recently moved down to warwickshire from staffordshire with cannock chase only a few mins away so riding local has been easy for a good few years.

However I can’t seem to find any decent rides around.

Does anybody else live around here and know anywhere? Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

djflexure

Locally canals and BWs can be OKish
    Clent is nice but small.
    Occasionally do Licky Hills – also quite small
    Wyre is really good – bit wet at the mo, need a guide (possibly same for Licky and Clent)
    Also got the Cotswolds – Snowshill is where I tend to go.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hi, welcome to the barren lands. I live Nuneaton area and there is some riding up around the northern end towards Hartshill/Atherstone/Bentley/Baxterely and some other places round Coventry but it really is mainly bridleway bashing unless you have some locals to lead you on the, checks shoulders, secret stuff………. http://www.godivatrailriders.org get out regularly both local and further afield. I would have offered but have been layed low for a week already with the wicked chest bug and cold and am banned at moment in an attempt to get back to work on Monday.

votchy
    Free Member

Whereabouts in warwickshire, it does cover quite a large area?

mu771n

Well I’m in kenilworth but happy to drive a bit but if over 30mins then it would be competing with cannock chase which is a really fun ride.

Djfelxure – Do the rides over that end compete or are they a little tame?

The suggsy suggestion looks interesting as its so close.

Thanks guys.

ps44
    Free Member

South Warwickshire here. Lots of riding once you know where, but the better stuff is Cotswolds when I can be arsed to get in the car. Yes, there’s a lot of bridleway which is a bit of nightmare this year but it’ll soon be back in action. Looking forwards to a few hours out in the snow tomorrow.

z1ppy

Search for threads about riding round Warwick/leamington (Coventry) there stuff to be done around & about, going by previous threads

iain65
    Free Member

I am based in s Warwickshire (shipston on stour), we have a regular Sunday morning run (3hrs ish) and Wednesday night run if you ever want to join up. Local bridle way and north Cotswold riding mainly. Iain. Email in profile.

ndg
    Free Member

There’s nothing amazing, but enough to keep you occupied. Look up Godiva Trailriders (coventry) or RLSCC (Royal Leaminton Spa Cycling Club). Both do weekday evening club rides, and Godiva (probably RLSCC too) generally have people doing something every weekend. Snow ride today around Cov 🙂

kayak23

We rode out from Leamington today over to Kenilworth and back, nothing amazing, especially in the snow but it’s OK. You can do some nice little loops when you get to know the area…

djflexure

Do the rides over that end compete or are they a little tame?

Cannock and Wyre are similar distances for me and I usually go to the Wyre. Part of the reason is that I know it better, plus I like the fact its quiet. There are plenty of really nice runs. Have a look a the facebook group if interested or drop me a line once the weather improves.

I occasionally do a loop through Kenilworth. BW from castle over towards Warwick, pick up canal at Hatton (decent cafe here), then connect up various bits – BWs around Claverdon, Monarchs way (bit further out – canal back), BWs around Lowsonford (pub), Hay Wood etc.There is a BW from Honiley back to Kenilworth – have to run around the motor proving ground and do a bit of road to get to it.

flatwarwick
    Free Member

I’m only a few miles from Kenilworth and like others have said there is some ok bridleway riding but i tend to make the effort to get up to cannock if i’m going to get the mtb out. I spend far more time on the cross and road bike though. A cross bike makes particular sense around these parts!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Warwickshire rides… Do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.