Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Warsaw – suggestions on cycling or something active to do?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I’m in Warsaw and have a spare day. I’ll do some of the tourist things (any particular suggestions?) but I was wondering if there’s anything bike related or otherwise active that’s worth doing? I don’t have a bike with me, mind…

TIA

DanW
    Free Member

Not much bike-wise around that I remember. A general walk around the new-old town is a nice way to spend the day and there are some great restaurants that’ll fill your plate with some tasty fresh meat (not a euphemism). I wouldn’t bother going up the mini Russian Empire State building as there are generally massive queues and nothing really exciting to see on the skyline but probably worth saying you’ve seen on a wander past. The Royal Park (?) is also nice for an amble.

Assuming you are central, maybe start at the Palace of Science and Culture, walk up Nowy Swiat (there was a cracking restaurant there whose name escape me but there is a butchers inside on the right), bimble around the new-old town and take the scenic route back through the Royal Park. Nothing stood out for me about Warsaw but it was alright for a general mooch around taking in the sights

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks and yeah, that seems to sum it up for me…

scaredypants

quite close to cannock chase, isn’t it ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Warsaw – suggestions on cycling or something active to do?’ is closed to new replies.