Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Warranty phone replacement
  • Baldysquirt

so.. I had a Motorola Razr i but it recently died a second time under warranty and Virgin have no more like for like handsets to give me. They’ve offered me a Motorola Moto G or a Sony Xperia M2 as a replacement. I kind of feel I should be offered something more than such cheap handsets which appear to lack some of the performance of the Razr i. Am I expecting too much?

Simon

Same happened to me but with Orange. Razri stopped working twice, managed to get a replacement phone but that developed the same fault. At this point it was out of warranty but after many phone calls and emails they offered me a Moto G ( no Razri handsets available) or an upgrade with a new contract or buy out of my current contract.

I reluctantly took the Moto G with £5 a month knocked off my monthly bills.

It’s not a bad phone, it’s probably faster than the Razri but the screen and camera are not as good. Also mine doesn’t have a memory card slot so memory is a problem. It’s been more reliable though 🙂

Baldysquirt

Cheers Simon, I might try the money off on the contract then! I hope you’re well.

Simon

Good thanks. How are you?

What’s the fault with the Razri?
    Mine switched off and then wouldn’t start up again, got stuck at the big red M screen of start up.

danbarker

I have had my Razri repaired twice now by T-Mobile for not starting and getting stuck at red circle. Second time they replaced the main board so hopefully it will last till end of contract.

midlifecrashes

Is it the old model MotoG they offered you? I was playing around with the 4G model with dual sim the other day and it seemed better on the screen and camera than my Razr i. It’s just a bit big for my jeans pocket which is why I didn’t go for it. I wish phones hadn’t got huge again.

Baldysquirt

yes, exactly that issue on old phone and the replacement one 2 months later.

It’s not the new Moto G – still the original pre 4G version. Will be too big for me too, but not much option, it seems.

I had a chat with them and the guy wouldn’t budge on what they were offering me or on my contract price. Basically said they wouldn’t offer a decent phone under the replacement scheme as I only have 3 months left on my contract. A bit frustrating.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Warranty phone replacement’ is closed to new replies.