Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Warranty on RS Recon Forks?
  • cullen-bay
    Free Member

Hey all,

I e-mailed Fisher outdoor leisure 1 week ago asking them how long the warranty on recon 355 (IIRC) is, they are the forks you get with a 2008 trance x3. Compression assembly kit died a little while ago and i was wondering whether I might be able to get them done under warranty.

so, has anyone on here had to get warranty on them and knows how long it lasts?

thanks in advance

ojom
    Free Member

Fishers are good guys.

Have you spoke to your retailer who holds any warranty for you?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Its slightly more complicated, I work at my lbs, I just tried e-mailing them, and i ain't very impressed by there service so far, this has been my only dealing with them

Reluctant
    Free Member

Telephone them, speak to Scott in warranty dept if you can. He's one of the most helpful chaps I've ever dealt with. Fishers warranty guys go well beyond what they need to.

ojom
    Free Member

Aye just phone them… you will get a returns number and BAM they will be done.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

thanks, will do, does anyone know their number? I looked on their website, but all i could find was an e-mail form thing.

thanks.

ojom
    Free Member

you can get it off their b2b which i presume you have access to at work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

warrenty is 2 years provided you have had and can prove you had them serviced within the first year by an authorised party

Second fishers being good at the warrenty game , just had my sids back with new lowers and upgraded internals to teams as i killed the races

but phone – if you work at your LBS learn to love the phone , bike industry on the whole largely ignores emails. if you want a response to anything you phone them

ojom
    Free Member

Just gaffer tape the phone to your head. you will go far.

trail_rat
    Free Member

and he speaks the truth !

trail_rat
    Free Member

and and when i say if you want anything done in the bike industry phone …. i mean phone 3 or 4 times with most companys …. and get pased from pillar to post if its anything out the ordinary you want to know !

ojom
    Free Member

*pulls eyebrows out of gaffer*

slugwash
    Free Member

I had a similar compression problem with my Recon 351s recently. Took them to my LBS from which I'd bought the bike from. Fisher replaced the internals under warranty and they're now as good as new. The turn around was about ten days. Also, I was under the impression that the warranty was only valid for a year. I'd had my forks for 51 weeks, a possible close call!

The LBS said that Fisher were a nightmare to deal with though. I'd phone them ASAP 'cos you'll ger a quicker response than waiting for your e-mail to get answered. HTH.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Warranty on RS Recon Forks?’ is closed to new replies.