Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Warranty likelyhood
  • cubist
    Free Member

So my 2012 Cube AMS 130 has a cracked frame. Cube have a 5 year frame warranty, great, except although the bike was brand new when I bought it I did so through EBay and it appears that EBay only store history going back to Jan 2013 and I bought it in Nov 2012. To further complicate matters the Ebay seller I bought it through was not Tweeks Cycles but it arrived adorned with a shop sticker from there so although new I could well be its second owner (kind of like a pre-registered car I guess)

So given the above how likely is it that Cube are going to make me happy when they respond to my email regarding a warranty claim?

Bruce

I would have thought a warranty might not be on the cards, but what have you got to loose by trying. Is it worth emailing Tweeks to see if they sold it through Ebay? If not have you got proof of payment via Pay Pal or something?

cubist
    Free Member

Great idea on Paypal. Unfortunately unless Tweeks trade as an individual I am not looking likely to be in luck. I guess that’s the risk I took buying it at a reduced price…

br
    Free Member

Find your local Cube dealer and ask if he would raise a warranty request, and you’ll pay any costs he has to ‘suffer’?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Probably someone selling a warranty replacement by the sounds of things.

convert

Contact the ebay seller you bought it through and see if they will deal with cube for you? Agreed though, it sounds like you bought a bike that was ‘as new’ but not ‘proper new’ from a private seller who had it to sell as either a warranty replacement or an insurance claim replacement for a stolen bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Warranty likelyhood’ is closed to new replies.