Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 282 total)
  • Warranty issue with DEVINCI/FREEBORN
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Wot he said…

…and publicise the FACTUAL side of your experience on every mtb forum you can find (ot threaten to as a last resort).

wwaswas

Interesting that freeborn/devinci are reading the thread but have chosen not to comment. Hope they contact the OP with further explanations of their unwritten warranty rules.

scotroutes

wwaswas – exactly what I was thinking after reading Marks tweet and then this thread again

akira

I can appreciate why freeborn aren’t commenting, it would just inflame the situation and wouldnt help resolve the situation.
    My two cents is I wouldnt run shims in a bike, I’m not saying I think it always causes problems but I just like things to be just right.

DanW
    Free Member

What we have here is classic I warranty issues between customer and seller that need to be sorted out between the two parties AWAY from the internet.

I completely agree. It is good to see the title changed.

Interesting that freeborn/devinci are reading the thread but have chosen not to comment.

The companies won’t want to get involved in an open forum since sensible advice from posters here has been ignored and thrown back at them (even from the likes of Loco!). It is much better dealt with the proper way, i.e. through the warranty process which the OP still hasn’t done more than email them about.

Now I am not disposed to send them the frame, unless they send me a new one before

Resolution seems unlikely though if the OP is not willing to be reasonable. I would be hugely upset too if my frame cracked but expecting a new frame while yours is being inspected (if this is what you mean- the chance of miscommunication is high) seems unreasonable. Cannondale and Scott and similar are generally well regarded for honouring warranties but often customer have to wait 3-6 months to get replacement frames, especially of high end popular models. You can’t expect everything in an instant unfortunately.

Hope they contact the OP with further explanations of their unwritten warranty rules.

I also hope both parties can clear up any misunderstandings or mis-communications since this thread is going round in circles. It would be nice if Freeborn could contact the OP clarifying if the frame should be sent in and the warranty process actually started or if they are convinced there is no warranty claim based on photos alone. This seems to be a large source of the OP’s anger and frustration

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

… And becoming irritating?

Surely, everything that needs to be covered (and more) has been dealt with. Time to move on……?

At least I have learned what a shim is or put another what that thing (!) is called.

FWIW, my only experience with Freeborn has been their excellent demo days. I just wish I could justify the cost of their bikes especially the £4k camber evo. Sounded like a nice option in the reviews until I saw the tag!!!

VanHalen

if you cant run a frame with minimum post insertion (as generally marked on posts) then surely its a frame design issue and the question of ‘fit for purpose’ arises? 4″ is plenty of post shimmed or not. i’d be chuffing livid.

theocb
    Free Member

Companies are never keen on people using the internet to highlight issues but they all seem happy to spread marketing bull as far and wide as they possibly can with no real evidence to support any of their claims.

I can’t see that the OP has done anything wrong at all.. being told it is his fault before they knew anything about a shim was never looking good IMO. The opening post is hardly ripping into anyone is it.. I think the original title was fair.

Back up your warranty claims or don’t offer them!

mcgowan
    Free Member

“What we have here is classic I warranty issues between customer and seller that need to be sorted out between the two parties AWAY from the internet”

DanW: I completely agree. It is good to see the title changed.

hey Dan, I think that you have “forgotten” 😆 the next sentence in the quote:

“What we have here is classic I warranty issues between customer and seller that need to be sorted out between the two parties AWAY from the internet. At least at first.”

honourablegeorge

Van Halen – Member
    if you cant run a frame with minimum post insertion (as generally marked on posts) then surely its a frame design issue and the question of ‘fit for purpose’ arises? 4″ is plenty of post shimmed or not. i’d be chuffing livid.

Whether 4″ of post is enough or not depends on the frame – the minimum insertion of the frame needs to be respected in the same way as the minimum insertion of the post. If the frame needs more, and a shim isn’t providing that, then the shim isn’t suitable.

mcgowan
    Free Member

Hi honourablegeorge

When I wrote to Freeborn saying that my seat tuve was broken, they replied me that the most probable reason was that I did not insert the post 3″ or more.

I prove them that I inserted almost 4″

legend
    Free Member

4″ shim or 4″ of post? I think I’ve only seen you say that there was a 4″ shim in there?

mcgowan
    Free Member

4″ shim or 4″ of post? I think I’ve only seen you say that there was a 4″ shim in there?

Hi legend

obviously 4″ of shim and more of post (I think that about 5″)

slackalice
    Free Member

Jeepers…. It’s a bit hamster wheel isn’t it?! 😕

8 pages in and none of us yet have actually seen the issue. I would say “crack”, but that may only cause distracting sniggers from those of you at the back…

Would the OP like to post a picture? I can guarantee at least another 8 pages of hypothesis, conjecture and conclusion leaping 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

train crash

mcgowan
    Free Member

Would the OP like to post a picture? I can guarantee at least another 8 pages of hypothesis, conjecture and conclusion leaping

A picture is posted already, but I will post more if you want 😉

mcgowan
    Free Member

slackalice
    Free Member

No. Thank you. 🙂

slackalice
    Free Member

Too late. Sorry.

DanW
    Free Member

Mcgowan, can you email Freeborn and ask if they would like to see the frame in person and if there is even 1% chance of a warranty replacement? I realise you must have emailed them a lot and it is very frustrating but at the moment you seem to be assuming quite a lot of things and this is the crucial point which you have not yet got a definitive answer on. I know I have only suggested this half a dozen times but each time you say you assume no warranty and Freeborn say it is likely not enough seatpost/ shim. Do you have a definite answer one way or another in writing yet if there is 0% chance of a warranty replacement?

Thank goodness the frame has a lifetime warranty because any other frame would have aged beyond the warranty period with the length of this circular thread! 😀

mcgowan
    Free Member

hi DanW

I have said several times that they are not asking to send the frame anymore. And now I am not disposed to do that. It is too late. Do you think that they would make now an inspection objectively? 😆

mcgowan
    Free Member

And they have not replied me since friday…

bearnecessities

Sorry, and I think this is the first time I have ever got ranty on the tinterweb with anyone, but you have given enough information for me to form an opinion now…

..grow up.

You have had a multitude of advice, views and suggestions.

There are views on your side, on the manufacturers side, and you are armed with enough information and opinion to make a decision. However, from what I see, you’re not doing anything but complain because you’ve inferred that their last contact suggested you may not win.

I think you have been done slightly for what it’s worth on intital comms (as I’ve supported you with before), but for heaven’s sake, initial anger allowing, time to reflect, you have suggestions of approach and downright support for your situation now, so why don’t you do something about it?

You have plenty enough information and angles to make a tactful, factual and well-publicised approach to sort this out – I would suggest that the fuss you have created may persuade them to take your side, just for the positive publicity alone.

However, all you’re doing is naff all, but post on here about how hard done by you are.

Seriously, do something, or stop posting.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Nicely put Bear. OP, your last few posts are just petulant. You assume Freeborn won’t treat you professionally or objectively because of your complaints. Here’s a thought, why don’t you actually contact them to find out?

pjm84
    Free Member

My eyes…………………..

Dump it. I wouldn’t bother. I’ve broken a few frames due to my size and strength but never this bad!

If what you say is the truth then I wouldn’t trust a frame that fails like this.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think it was mentioned earlier. £350 for the new triangle, then flog it.

mcgowan
    Free Member

why don’t you actually contact them to find out?

I will say it AGAIN, I mailed them on friday and they have not answer me.
    What I have to do, take a plane and go to that shop?

dazzlingboy

I thought this was sorted days ago – still going on?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Well, perhaps you should put the same amount of effort into contacting them (politely) as you’ve put into moaning about it on here. You might get somewhere…..

Jamie
    Free Member

What I have to do, take a plane and go to that shop?

Nah, ring them. Bike shops are usually poor when it comes to email communications.

bearnecessities

I think it was mentioned earlier. £350 for the new triangle, then flog it.

Jamie, stop talking so much sense, apparently this isn’t the place for reasonable suggestions.

Jamie
    Free Member

Had to happen at some point. Law of averages, and all that.

mcgowan
    Free Member

Nah, ring them. Bike shops are usually poor when it comes to email communications

My english speaking and listening level is not so good for that 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm. That could be an issue.

bearnecessities

Sorry, that’s a bollocks excuse. You’ve barely tried with them, yet you are responding to comments on your ranting thread within minutes, in perfectly legible English.

How old are you?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Well that’s 30 mins of my lifei won’t get back 😕

slackalice
    Free Member

The chap is seemingly beyond rational help.

What does one need to do to initiate a ‘close topic’ request? Please.

I’ve really tried to not click on the thread, but it’s there, in the list of topics….. and I just cant help it….

scotroutes

TBF – if folk keep posting and asking him question or making suggestions you can’t expect him not to respond. It’s not like he’s answering his own posts!

aracer
    Free Member

How strange. I’ve seen plenty of thread titles changed by the mods before – I think this is the first time I’ve seen the URL changed (and that happened a while after the title was changed). Yet if you do a search it still links to the original URL 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?q=freeborn

Euro
    Free Member

Au revoir. Say goodbye to the dropper post, buy a very long seat post that is the correct diameter, then go ride your bike 😀

I had a frame that broke there – cracked the whole way around. Many years with no problems and big funs.

Poor show DeVinci.

Wo ist die Toilette, bitte?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 282 total)

The topic ‘Warranty issue with DEVINCI/FREEBORN’ is closed to new replies.