Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Warranty issue woes
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Won’t take a big boulder at all. Just a pointy one-and hit at the right angle. C’mon fess up, you crashed it didn’t ya?

mega
    Free Member

haha – good effort!

“I was just riding along when a big patch of paint fell off my seat stay, a scuff appeared and a dent appeared too. My chain stays are completely chipped to buggery but I take really good care of my stuff so it must be a fault in the bike. Can I have a new bike please?”

steveo825
    Free Member

I’m only going by what Evans told me. Last week after an inspection they wherefore rreplacing the frame or bike. To this week not being covered. I understand that. My frustration is @ the poor communication.

And I was just riding along..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

Oh, communication? There was me thinking the thread title was ‘warranty issue woes’ not ‘crap comms’.

You’ve chanced your arm, been turned down. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

hora
    Free Member

Basically you thought ‘they are giving me a new frame, wahoo’

Even though that is obviously crash damage

steveo825
    Free Member

But I was told they would be replacing it with a new frame or bike.
    Again this was just an update on my progress

ampthill

Well let is know how it pans out

boblo
    Free Member

And I bet you couldn’t believe your luck…. If you really think it needs replacing, claim on your insurance. Otherwise, go and ride it and forget about the free bike you were ‘promised’.

sillyoldman

I told you a month ago that it was dented, but looked fine to use. You’ve wasted their time and yours.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

your tyres look like they’ve worn down a bit aswell; might be worth seeing if they can warranty those while they’re at it?

deanfbm
    Free Member

You’ve dented your seatstay, but you’re talking about a warranty issue…I must be missing something?

That’s my impression too.

It either arrived at the OP like it or it has happened in between, OP which was it?

OP – if it came like that out of the box, you needed to return it for a refund at that point in time.

It looks like you’ve ridden it, now it’s impossible to distinguish between riding wear and tear and what may of been there out of the box.

If those marks weren’t there when you got it out of the box, you’ve put them there and don’t have a leg to stand on in terms of a warranty claim.

remoterob
    Free Member

Sales guy told me a likely replacement/refund may be issued, however this was only his opinion.

But I was told they would be replacing it with a new frame or bike.
    Again this was just an update on my progress

Those things aren’t the same thing.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If that came to me as a warranty claim I’d say “nice try sunshine, but I wasn’t born yesterday” and send it back.

hora
    Free Member

OP I think that was probably a miscommunication to you in the phone etc when you asked for an update.

Be honest- if you could legally make them would you hold them to it?

convert

OP is either a moron or a class A chancer…….who has just deprived himself of his own bike for weeks. Blimey, if warranty departments across the country are stuffed full of cases like this no wonder it can take ages for the genuine ones to get sorted (and the staff become cynical).

spyke85
    Free Member

Warranty woes? More like user trying to take the Michael! It’s been crashed and is in no way a warranty issue! Suck it up!

amedias
    Free Member

To be fair to the OP, it might not be crash damage… something could have fallen on it in the shed/car etc.

Still not a warranty claim but he may be telling the truth about it not being result of a crash.

My most annoying dent was on a bike I’d just built up, leant it up against another bike to admire my handy work, took two steps back and watched as it slipped, unsettled the bike next to it and they fell together putting a thumb sized dent in the top tube of the new one, oh my was I furious!

devash
    Free Member

“I didn’t crash it, I merely brushed past a rock, at speed, which simply revealed the defects which were there from manufacturing.”

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Warranty issue woes’ is closed to new replies.