Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Warranty, any dealer who's an authorised dealer, or the one you bought from?
  • lawman91

lawman91 – Member
    As mentioned in your other thread, those X-Fusion posts are shite. Send it back to Winstanleys, buy a better dropped and sell the X-fusion when you get it back. Simples.

Apart from the minor sag issue, i quite like the post, works well and nice and smooth etc.[/quote]

It does work now. It won’t for much longer. They are a nightmare, I know of a few that have been back under warranty 5-6 times in 18 months. Seriously do yourself a favour and use this an excuse to buy another, they are truly dreadful.

weeksy

Seriously do yourself a favour and use this an excuse to buy another, they are truly dreadful

Unless i could ship out the X Fusion for £150+ then i can’t see any way that’s viable for me… I don’t have £250+ for a Reverb Stealth knocking about currently. I’d probably end up with a standard fixed post. Which speaking of that i’ll probably end up ordering as i see there’s likely to be times i need a post for when mine is off being fixed 😀

zilog6128

It does work now. It won’t for much longer. They are a nightmare, I know of a few that have been back under warranty 5-6 times in 18 months. Seriously do yourself a favour and use this an excuse to buy another, they are truly dreadful.

I’ve had a non-stealth one for a couple of years & it’s been totally solid! Obviously if OP’s is sagging already though he wants to get that sorted.

tom.nash

Another good reason to support your LBS; when it goes wrong they are suddenly the ones you need 🙂

weeksy

tom.nash – Member

Another good reason to support your LBS; when it goes wrong they are suddenly the ones you need

Problem here is.. They didn’t have any 2015’s which was the geometry i wanted. Plus the fact the 2015 was £1399, the 2017’s are £2499

£1100 buys a LOT of seatposts.

tom.nash

weeksy – Member
    £1100 buys a LOT of seatposts.

Agreed dude, but a LBS would probably help and give you a temporary one while the warranty was sorted and would save you a lot of time/hassle that could be spent riding your bike 🙂 I’m not against internet shopping, and there are huge savings to be had, but I am a ‘support your LBS’ advocate. Perhaps because so many friends rely on it where I live.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Use 1100 saves to buy the seat post you think is better

Sell old one

Still be quids in.

weeksy

I’ve got other bikes 🙂 plus the sag doesn’t stop me riding this 🙂

But yes, i do of course see your point.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Another good reason to support your LBS; when it goes wrong they are suddenly the ones you need

……to look at you blankly as they have no idea whats going on anyway…………..

weeksy

buy the seat post you think is better

Reading all the reviews online for various droppers, i’m not convinced ANY of them are…. They all seem VERY hit and miss.

My Reverb was great, but a mate had 3 from Merlin before getting one that worked right

etc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m still confused as to what’s actually wrong with the other post that won’t be solved by some set up/maintainance

weeksy

trail_rat – Member

I’m still confused as to what’s actually wrong with the other post that won’t be solved by some set up/maintainance

Dunno yet fella… I’ve not tried pulling the outer through yet to see if that releases a bit of tension, i’ve also not tried removing the post and adjusting the cable tension as the bike is at home, i’m at work and i’m waiting to get a reply from Winstanleys before taking anything apart. In none of the reviews/write ups have i seen anyone else talking about initial sag as an issue, there’s various known problems as with most droppers, but that one doesn’t seem to come up, hence me waiting to hear from supplier/seller first.

trail_rat
    Free Member

First hit on Google suggests that hilo shipping with not enough oil is pretty normal complaint.

weeksy

Well pulling the cable through does indeed seem to have helped with the tension. Its now 50% on the adjuster before it starts losing pressure and going down. So I’m happy that cable tension is correct, so can only really be oil level now?

Pic of amount of sag

weeksy

Winstanleys wants me to try removing the post etc just to check it’s not caught/snagged and then if that doesn’t help, whip the post out and send it back to them. All pretty fair IMO i guess.

I do need to find/borrow/swap/buy a 30.9 seatpost now short term as none of my other posts will fit it.

fibre
    Free Member

Have you checked the air pressure?, it fixed the same issue on my older non stealth model.

Not sure if these docs are any use on the Stealth model.
    http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/Checking_Air_Pressure_on_Hilo_Posts.pdf
    http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/MY13HiloGuidev01.pdf

weeksy

Nopes, not touching it until after BPW next Tues, I’ll then investigate a bit more in depth.

Your article does specify that squish is more likely to be oil level

russyh
    Free Member

Do the x fusion droppers not have a cable barrel adjusted for tension by the remote a bit like the Ks eten? Mine always dropped until I realised that I had too much cable tension. Try removing the carvel completely then see if it drops when you sit on it. If it doesn’t then it’s a cable tension issue.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Warranty, any dealer who's an authorised dealer, or the one you bought from?’ is closed to new replies.