Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)
  • Warning – unsolicited video download from STW ads can cost you money!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

@A_A:

Can you edit your post to say 200!

Thanks.

Drac

I’m being neither. I’m disagreeing with you – that is a right I or anyone else has.

There’s more than you on this forum.

zokes
    Free Member

Its you I dont like.

Can’t win ’em all, I suppose… 🙁

pondo

As Cougar is acting on their behalf to run the forum, that makes me his customer also.

[My opinion]No it doesn’t. [/My opinion]

Also, I have to say, if you were antagonised by anything the mods said on this subject, really, you had to go looking for it. There was nothing antagonising there.

zokes
    Free Member

He explicitly threatened that if posters didn’t like what he was saying, he would really like to say a lot worse.

http://bit.ly/1hlAOL6

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

zokes, you’re beginning to appear like someone who’s happy to dish it out (multiple times on the rugby threads with a_a and Piggie (realise it takes ten to tango of course) but getting rather sensitive about a comment from Cougar that wasn’t even directed at you (IIRC).

Jamie
    Free Member

That didn’t take long.

yossarian
    Free Member

zokes – not a customer

😀

Mark

What’s the point in having all this power if you can’t have some fun once in a while 🙂

pondo

He explicitly threatened that if posters didn’t like what he was saying, he would really like to say a lot worse.

In response to someone saying his tone was way off, apropos him explaining the situation? Oo, he never did!! Naughty Cougar!!

I think if he HAD said what he wanted to say, you might have a point.

tish
    Free Member

Not a customer
    Brilliant

yossarian
    Free Member

zokes, you’re beginning to appear like someone who’s happy to dish it out (multiple times on the rugby threads with a_a and Piggie (realise it takes ten to tango of course) but getting rather sensitive about a comment from Cougar that wasn’t even directed at you (IIRC).

zokes is only this objectionable because he lives on the other side of the world to most of us. Easy to get your gob on if there’s no chance of meeting people.

456mocha
    Free Member

I received an official warning at work for ‘streaming non work related video content’ after logging on to this website.

Thanks for that!!!!

I no longer view at work and only spend a few mins looking at forum now, always pausing the video.

shame as I spent loads of time on here before. 🙁

scotroutes

I fully expect to see Mark honoured by an OBE for single-handedly improving the productivity of Britains office workers.

(Remember to thank Cougar in your acceptance speech 🙂 )

sharkbait
    Free Member

I received an official warning at work for ‘streaming non work related video content’ after logging on to this website.

Aside from the data usage issue, ^ is it potentially more serious. I don’t understand why having video that streams automatically is required.

grum
    Free Member

FFS people are still giving Cougar grief? ‘Poor attitude’? The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

Zokes: I used to think you were alright – what happened to you?

Drac

I fully expect to see Mark honoured by an OBE for single-handedly improving the productivity of Britains office workers.

😆

A warning for not doing work when at work. Hmmm!

zokes
    Free Member

A warning for not doing work when at work. Hmmm!

Quite a few employers allow “reasonable” recreational use provided that it doesn’t affect their ability to do their job or compromise the IT systems etc.

Browsing a bike forum occasionally would probably fall under “reasonable” recreational use. Downloading gigabytes of HD video (intentionally, or in this case not) probably significantly less so.

456mocha
    Free Member

LOL @ Drac

I ‘ll just add that we are allowed to use the internet for non-work stuff at lunchtime. 🙂 no audio or video streaming though.

Mark

Zokes,
    What would like to happen next?

Drac

I ‘ll just add that we are allowed to use the internet for non-work stuff at lunchtime. no audio or video streaming though.

Same rules for us but the IT has blocked anything that’s not authorised streaming, it’s a far better way to do things then trying to control several hundred staff.

pondo

Downloading gigabytes of HD video (intentionally, or in this case not) probably significantly less so.

Workaround was in place the day after the issue was raised, and a permanent fix is on the way, isn’t it?

Mark

Yes.

And I’ll ad that even at it’s worst – and at this point I’ll apologise again just in case it’s not clear that I accept we got it wrong – it would have taken 2 hours of continued browsing of the site to end up streaming 1 gb of the EpicTV video.

I don’t say that in order to downplay the issue but just to be clear about the scale of the issue.
    The scale was certainly much too big for the OP.

Drac

Precisely Pondo.

In the same way Perthmb was naive in his browsing manner STW were maybe naive in not double checking an effect it may have had. Both parties could have perhaps maybe prevented this issue. Perthmb was good enough to raise the issue and was very sensible in not ‘demanding satisfaction’. STW brought in a fix as quick as they could without effect they’re business and are addressing it further.

Now can we all hold hands and sing happy songs.

slackalice
    Free Member

Good grief 😯 There are many useful texts and writings of wisdom, insight and affirmations available on ‘Letting Go’ of our stuff and issue’s. The one’s I’ve read have been very beneficial for me.

Just a thought.

As for:

456mocha – Member

Thanks for that!!!!

I no longer view at work and only spend a few mins looking at forum now, always pausing the video.

shame as I spent loads of time on here before.

Where is the hope, when taking personal responsibility seems so hard? Blame, blame, blame… And flounce, from an infrequent contributor 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Thanks for that!!!!

Someone else’s fault that you got caught out browsing the internet instead of doing what you are paid for ?

Awesome 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Zokes,
    What would like to happen next?

Well, world peace would be a nice start…

But such a request might be seen as taking the

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And I’ll ad that

Freudian slip? 😛

456mocha
    Free Member

“Someone else’s fault that you got caught out browsing the internet instead of doing what you are paid for? Awesome “

Sadly, I don’t get paid for eating my lunch at lunch time.

zokes
    Free Member

Don’t come on here with your inconvenient facts, they’ve got their flames and pitchforks ready now…

pondo

Now THAT’S antagonising. 🙂

Mark

My irony alarm just went mental
    🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Now THAT’S antagonising.

Facts can be, when you don’t like them.

nealglover
    Free Member

And you don’t pay for the internet access at your desk either.

So you will have to cope with what the people that do pay, allow you to use it for.

I’m sure the world will keep turning.

anagallis_arvensis

Bloody hell isnt it your bed time or something?

bearnecessities

How’s Cougar bearing up?

Drac

My irony alarm just went mental

Mine refused to work under such pressure.

scotroutes

I hear he’s drifted out and in but should be functioning OK after a wee bit of lubrication.

zokes
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

And you don’t pay for the internet access at your desk either.

He’s already answered that:

456mocha – Member
    I ‘ll just add that we are allowed to use the internet for non-work stuff at lunchtime. no audio or video streaming though.

Until recently, browsing this site didn’t involve either of those things. As I said, facts and all that…

nealglover
    Free Member

456mocha – Member
    Until recently, browsing this site didn’t involve either of those things. As I said, facts and all that…

It is 100% his responsibility to not break the rules of his workplace.

It’s is not the responsibility of STW to make sure their content matches the rules of some random company they have never heard of, that someone happens to work for.

It’s not that hard to understand really.

Unless you are trying really hard obviously.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)

The topic ‘Warning – unsolicited video download from STW ads can cost you money!’ is closed to new replies.