Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • ***WARNING*** UK Bike Store
  • Marko

honest, reliable, informed and passionate service . . .

You tried, but the customer paid for a service that your contractor failed to provide.

I still can’t see why the customer should be out of pocket on this.

Humble pie is still available I believe.

Marko

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

6 pages of back and forth discussions… I think it’s time to agree to disagree and just go ride our bikes… HAGO

andyl
    Free Member

I think after all this UKBS should join the STW premier discount arrangement 😉

b45her
    Free Member

this thread is chock full of self important cocks that think the world should revolve around them.

boblo
    Free Member

Oooo, you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself…. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m just glad that removing that wicked TJ from the forums, has stopped all the multi-page arguments.

boblo
    Free Member

Oh, you’re back are you. Social deviant misfit speedmeister….. Hrumph. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, your back are you. Social deviant misfit speedmeister….. Hrumph.

I drove here as quickly as I could…

leecasey
    Free Member

who in their right mind would edit their website delivery policies and time scales everytime the weather was bit poor! Common sense should prevail! Shocking.

andyrm
    Free Member

Common sense

Can you please explain what this is? It’s the internet after all. Common sense isn’t something many people are aware of now, along with that other wierd thing called “personal responsibility”…..

hammyuk
    Free Member

UKBS would of thought the same as myself on the run up to that Friday – “what a crock of sh*t”
    Due to our location we RARELY and I mean RARELY get snow even when everywhere else is plastered.
    I didn’t give it a second thought the night before that the roads would be bad as they never ever are.
    In actuality they weren’t – so for RM to cancel the pick up was almost certainly down to them having drivers. Not showing up and taking advantage of a “snow day” as all the bloody schools here did when all of the pupils are within walking distance and clear roads for the teachers.
    Yet another example of how useless the systems are the moment the weather gives them an excuse….

Spongebob
    Free Member

£7? Seriously, get things in perspective mate!

Divorce lawyers ripped me and my ex off to the tune of around £15k. £270/hr, but that’s insignificant compared to the emotional trauma some people to through.

Losing loved ones blows money issues away, so forget the hassles you had with this company.

You are allowing this to hurt you far more by getting so steamed up about it all.

Look forward!

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Well, I read til page 5 then got bored, but have to add by say……

OP – truly uncalled for!!! What an unnecessary crock of ****

However- as far as if the OP is in the right or wrong, well he is clearly the one that has been violated-

His invoice clearly states Saturday delivery, dispatch day is irrelevant, next day Saturday delivery should arrive on the next day after ordering

Snow – ok so the snow causes probs, if this caused a prob for ukbikestore, then that’s fair enough, it’s not bike stores fault nor OPs fault. They are not at fault, however, they should refund as they couldn’t provide a service that was paid for! It’s does not matter if royal mail charge more for Saturdays, ukbikestore have charged 7 quid and the op has paid it,
    He is unquestionably due a refund based on the facts provided!!!!

HOWEVER……

If I worked at ukbikestore and he called me with the attitude that this thread was started with then I would have been as awkward as possible and not given anything freely!! There are ways and means of dealing with companies and I get the feeling the best way was not followed!!!

On the plus side, thank you for informing me of another good bike shop, I shall no doubt start ordering soon!

stevied
    Free Member

FFS is this thing still going…. 😐

dave_h
    Free Member

😆

STW members in bullying bandwagon shocker 🙄

One person shares his perceived bad experience and everyone feels the need to rip into him. By all means balance with your good experiences but everything else is uncalled for.

Grow up guys.

asterix
    Free Member

Yes, there are much bigger injustices in the world that people just have to bear ( eg the other poor guy on the forum who lost his son) – suggest the OP takes a big deep breath and calls it a day

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Well I am annoyed with my purchase I made from UK Bike Store yesterday lunchtime.

The postman WOKE ME UP delivering it today. Never again. Grr

leffeboy

One person shares his perceived bad experience

I think you really mean “one person shares his bad experience in a way that he hopes would damage the reputuation of the shop”. As has been said by many here, they have sympathy with his view of what happened but if he handled the original phone call like he wrote the email then it is not surprising they reacted poorly to him

andyrm
    Free Member

^^ This.

All too often customers try to bully companies with the threat of badmouthing them online.

Reward their bad behaviour by backing down and you set a very dangerous precedent……

lasty
    Free Member

Realised mi chain and cassette are struggling in the mud ….

UKBS got the order thanks to this reminder 😆

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Just ordered from them yesterday thanks OP for the reminder.

abductee
    Free Member

Another happy customer here but for balance UKBS is one of the few online bike part retailers that don’t include free P&P in their pricing. It’s not like people can buy online without P&P so it would make sense to build the most common postage into the price. If it’s free then it would be difficult to demand a refund.

Euro
    Free Member

DezB – Member

I struggle with long sentences, but: when i phoned the shop i spoke to Dave Kirk the sales manager.
    I’ve spoken to him too. I’ve stood in the car park chatting to him while my mate test rode one of their bikes round the car park.
    I bet not one person on this forum could say that about CRC!

I don’t think they have a Dave Kirk working at CRC, so you win that bet.

On the flip side, I’ve drove a go cart over the head of one of the owners. I bet not one person could say that about…(thinks of random shop)…Wiggle!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

I’ve used them many times before, they are great and stock hard to find stuff.
    This thread has been great for them!!

69er
    Free Member

In the interest of balance I’d like to add a plus 1 for UK Bikestore. No problems here 🙂

AndrewL

Always been very good when I’ve ordered from them over the last few years.

asterix
    Free Member

I hadn’t heard of them before this thread, but I will look now to see what that have

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Wonder if the OP got a crown race with his headset bearing?

stuarty
    Free Member

How many forums has the op posted this on
    Makes him look like a knob…
    My next order is going to be with ukbikestore
    Thanks to the op
    tawt

nosedive
    Free Member

and they do always seem to have those little hope spares that no one else stocks

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I love the way that the OP slagging off UK Bikestore has turned into a great advert for them and they’ll gain business as a result 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I love the way that the OP slagging off UK Bikestore has turned into a great advert for them and they’ll gain business as a result

That combined with people being less likely to buy from the OP in the classifieds.

For those suggesting that UKBS should have removed the option of Saturday delivery from their website – it appears they didn’t know that RM were going to reduce their service level until well after the OP placed his order, and possibly not until after his bearing was packed ready for dispatch. As stated, he still got a priority service.

UKBS is one of the few online bike part retailers that don’t include free P&P in their pricing. It’s not like people can buy online without P&P so it would make sense to build the most common postage into the price.

Plenty of online retailers of things other than bike parts don’t have free delivery. As convenient as free delivery is, I’d argue that the UKBS policy actually reflects costs more accurately and it’s not like they hide the delivery cost so it’s easy to work out what difference it makes.

(another UKBS fan – not somewhere I use all that often, but the stock of parts they hold means they’re often the only place you can buy things)

reev
    Free Member

I would bloody love it if the OP actually worked for UKBS and this whole saga turns out to be an extremely clever marketing ploy.

However, I just think the OP likes a good whinge.

jkomo

Gonna check out ukbs, they sound great.

Viewing 34 posts - 201 through 234 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘***WARNING*** UK Bike Store’ is closed to new replies.