Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 234 total)
  • ***WARNING*** UK Bike Store
  • nuke

People seem to miss the point here and i knew lots of smart ass keyboard warriers would pop out the woodwork,I would not expect anything other on here

🙄 What do you expect when you come out with some melodramatic rant? If you approached it along the lines “Does this seem fair?” you might have got a different response.

Still, too late now…continue you as you were people, there’s nowt on TV anyway 😉

nealy
    Free Member

So you sold the bike and shipped it to the buyer without the headset bearing therefore presumably selling it not as described?

dazzlingboy

Nice observation nealy

cloudnine
    Free Member

In my experience..never expect sympathy on STW…. and when ordering online always expect it to arrive in a weeks time even if you paid for next day delivery. Maybe try ranting on their FB and twitter pages.

leffeboy

you pay for a service

I see no ‘P’ beside your name?

your shoes now, that’s another matter….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not you Kryton, you nutter…..although sympathies for the loo malfunction.

nuke

In my experience..never expect sympathy on STW

I’m very sorry you feel that way

Plenty of sympathy available on STW but how you approach things makes a BIG difference

supafly1982
    Free Member

mad…i was furious lol. Stll missing the point i see. A service provided,sold and not given, i have plenty stuff go wrong in life like any other person, im just trying to stand up for the consumer. Companies are constantly thinking they can do what they want and get away with it.

I dont mind standing up and people taking the piss out me because they think im whinging, i said to the store i would let forums know about the way they handle business and i am.

I work in a garrage….not a bike shop, i do buy quite a few bikes, enjoy riding them, building them but im hardly a trader.

Do i think all their customers will avoid them? Nope, but i am simply making my point

nealy
    Free Member

Actually I’ve just remembered you’re the guy who sold me a set Reba’s with a steerer shorter than stated and scratches on the “unmarked stanchions”!

Maybe it’s just a tiny bit of karma

Kryton57

What makes me laugh is all that online trading, and he’s only got a tiny house. I’ve sold a couple if bike bits on here and my house is enormous.

Something wrong there.

RustyMac

OP do you understand the concept of logistics?

As for UKBikestore, i have had nothing but excellent service from them, great people to speak to on the phone and have always provided accurate info on parts they have provided.

supafly1982
    Free Member

Hi Nuke, you are quite correct, however i am not the best at these matters and tend to say what i think, i knew i would get flamed, so im prepared to take it, just for standing up for my self and those doing the flaming, it happens to us all at some point, then they moan about it and do nothing, when someone stands up to do something about it people shoot them down…its a strange mentality.

supafly1982
    Free Member

Rusty Mac your sarcasim is wasted

supafly1982
    Free Member

Neally and dazzling boy, buyer was told about it and that it would be fitted.

Jumping to your own conclusions, and people are trying to make me look stupid 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

If so urgent why not use local bike shop?

Cheezpleez

I almost met Harry Secombe once. Lovely voice.

carlosg
    Free Member

You were always going to be in a rush , next day/Special Delivery is only guaranteed for the next working day meaning up to 1pm next working day.
    If you placed the order on Thurs evening then the order should have been delivered Monday at the latest. UK bikestore need to claim the postage back from Royal Mail and refund you (takes about 12-16 weeks and requires you to liase with RM too)

kimbers

I reckon Alanis Morriset would have something salient to say about all this

its early days but im nominating this for thread of the year, it just fills me with a kind of warm feeling, like ive wet myself but thats actually fine

Kryton57

Actually I’ve just remembered you’re the guy who sold me a set Reba’s with a steerer shorter than stated and scratches on the “unmarked stanchions”!

I’d claim a refund of sorts if I were you, you have a contract with the seller etc etc…

boblo
    Free Member

You know this is really wierd…. I had a delivery of bearings on Saturday from UKBikestore and I hadn’t ordered any. I wonder if there’s some ‘6 degrees of separation’ type connection going on…..?

dazzlingboy

buyer was told about it and that it would be fitted

I think that’s the point that Neally is making – buyer was told it would be fitted, but it wasn’t.

Anyhoo – even if your point had some merit, which most seem to think it doesn’t, your method of delivery was always going to get flamed – I presume you can see that?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

STW gold this one.

And i thought i was an impatient whining jackass.

Oh wait, I am! 😉

supafly1982
    Free Member

Mantastic, i live in a small town in the SW of Scotland, there is not a decent bike shop for miles, the local bike shop is more of a kids toy shop, i did ask him if he had a star fangled nut once, i never wanted to explain what it was after the clueless look i got lol

Carlosg – delivery was a speciffic Saturday delivery hence the cost.

cheers, I will drop RM an email, now that im a little calmer will take the time to word it propperly lol

supafly1982
    Free Member

Killwillforchips – me too apparently, so your in good company lol 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

If you needed bearings you should have gone to Keasae, he never has any issues with royal mail not delivering On time ever
    In fact your posts are similar in rantability, you two would probably get on quite well

(anyone know where Kael has gone, I presume banned from here due to middle east post’s but just noticed he’s gone from Facebook too)

Always good service from UKbike store here too

carlosg
    Free Member

An up to 100g stamped letter with guaranteed Saturday delivery is £10.08p , at £7.00 they haven’t charged you for this service!

UK bikestore need to raise a case first then you would be contacted by RM to provide your end of the story.

supafly1982
    Free Member

lol Iain, i have read those legendary posts in the past

ART

I almost met Harry Secombe once. Lovely voice.

Classic STW 😀 … indeed Kimbers has it

… OP, like lots of people have kinda already hinted at in the nicest possible way, words like ‘logistics’ & ‘weather’ feel salient and appropriate to be factoring into your rantette at this time … I’d like to add ‘perspective’ cause no, you are not ‘standing up for yourself’ , you’re just looking a tad silly.

who’s got the hobnobs I have tea on the go …

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Can you blame the shop (any shop) when it could be the courier at fault, or did the shops own deliver driver bring it to your door?

Complain to the shop to get them to use different couriers.

Next day means next working day, order it on Saturday, leaves Monday arrives Tuesday. OK so it’s Wednesday now but is that the shops fault.

We didn’t have any post for 2 days becasue of the snow, but life carries on.

Thank goodness there are still LBS’s

Kryton57

take the time to word it propperly lol

Oh deer….

tomhoward

Did they say next day delivery or next day dispatch?

+1 for all the ‘you should have ordered it earlier/gone to an lbs’ responses

Spin
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0[/video]

supafly1982
    Free Member

nealy – Member

Maybe it’s just a tiny bit of karma

Hi Nealy, I had bought those off pinkbike for a build from a guy called the bikedoctor (something to that effect) i paid £140, he had lied about the steerer tube lenght and never included the poplock which was advertised in sale. As steerer was too short I had sold them to you unaware of those timy little scratches under the crown was it? I sold you the forks for what £100/110 at most, i appologised profusely about the mix up and refunded you £30 no questions asked.

Your perception of the concept of Karma seems to be very missunderstood

supafly1982
    Free Member

err Tom…did you not read? no local bike shop for miles

bloodynora
    Free Member

Just my tuppence…… Had nothing but excellent service from UK Bikestore…. Ok not had mahoosive amounts of kit off them but the bits I’ve had have been delivered promptly and never had an issue with their service. Would definitely use again. Sorry the OP has found otherwise though I’m sure its not the norm.

meehaja
    Free Member

should have gone to kaesae… He’s the man with the bearings round here. To be fair, he’d probably bring them to you personally to avoid aliens and CIA assassins, but at least you know you’re getting good service!

Northwind

It sounds like they’ve slightly failed to give the service promised, which is bad, but also that you’re a little bit of a nutter.

FWIW I’ve used them many times, on one of those occasions they screwed up a bit, but they fixed it. Will gladly use again.

grtdkad

But in SW Scotland, surely you have tv? Did you not see the snow bulletins?

UK Bike Store are based in Gosport. Look at the map. They will be dependent on Royal Mail. RM will be dependent on the airports. Heathrow etc more or less shut down resulting in mammoth backlogs.

Force Majeure as far as any claim is concerned. You really do need to wake up / grow up.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve always got on well with them.
    However, a little bit of sympathy for the OP, if he had gone down the ‘that’s a few days after I was expecting, can you credit the postage please?’ route rather than the all guns blazing ‘I know my rights’ route, starting like that never tends to get the desired result.
    I think Northwind has summed it up well.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Good lord sir, get a grip I say.

A point of contract for you my old china, they only have to use reasonable eneavours – snow=cast iron excuse. Sorry but your outrage should be confined to the man in the mirror pi** poor planning.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘***WARNING*** UK Bike Store’ is closed to new replies.