Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 234 total)
  • ***WARNING*** UK Bike Store
  • supafly1982
    Free Member

A warning to people who use this store. I purchased a headset bearing and booked next day (saturday) delivery, a service they provided at a cost of £7. Today is Tuesday and and the item finaly turned up.
    I had sold my bike and it was shipped away on monday with no new bearing thanks to the delays. All fair enough with the snow you say but when i phoned the shop i spoke to Dave Kirk the sales manager, well at least thats who he said he was, he had to pause and think of his sir name. I asked for my money to be refunded as they sold me a service and did not provide it. Dave refused point blank to refund my money that they happily took. I informed him i would be taking other routes to get the money, im not fussed about the amount, its the fact companies like theirs see fit to take hard working peoples money and could not care less. AVOID THEIR STORE

My money was paid to UK Bike Store, i have a legally binding contract with them to fulfill their duties of sale and the service they sold me, which they have not done. They are trying to pass blame to the courrier (ROYAL MAIL) although my contract is with UK Bike Store and not Royal Mail.

Im fed up with companies thinking its fine to do what they want to consumers once they have their money. It may only be £7 odds but i work 6 days a week, i work hard, thats an hours wage they have taken. I work hard for everything i have, tiny little house, partner, 2 kids and my car, this isnt intended to sound like a sob story, its just fact. I dont scrounge money, what money i have left is precious and im sick of companies ripping people off.

I know people will have mixed reviews about me posting this but i see no other alternative so im open to advice

regards
    scott

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

order sooner 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve always had great service from them FWIW.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mountain. Molehill.

However, how you got from late delivery to the injustices of your life in just one paragraph is quite impressive.

nuke

Meh…I’ll still use them

fasthaggis

You are absolutely correct, people will indeed have mixed reviews. Good luck with your refund. I will not be avoiding them.

leffeboy

classifieds only reseller in getting stung for 7quid as he can’t move the bike on fast enough shocka
    is this an I have no useful contribution to make moment?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lollage @ Leffeboy!

They’re a great company, good people too! Stop whining.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

I don’t want to upset you further but today is Wednesday.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Lol!

colande
    Free Member

Yeah I was shocked when I saw the avoid in the title,
    Used then in the past and never had any problems, and always been happy with the price

amplebrew

I wouldn’t expect a Friday order to be delivered on a Saturday even if I opted for next day service. I’d have imagined Monday delivery at the earliest.

I’ve always thought that next day was next working day.

Might have been easier to send the order direct from the shop to your buyer.

bruneep

so im open to advice

Spelling and grammar check before posting.

Used them many times without issue and will continue to use them in the future.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we perhaps change the title now!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If that’s all you’ve got to worry about you’re a very lucky fella.

avdave2

You’d have to read the small print to see if next day delivery was guaranteed, almost certainly they will have a clause which excludes adverse weather because the courier companies will have the same. I think you’ll find you’ll get nowhere with legal or other threats. I’d write them an email explaining your position and that if they cannot resolve the issue they will have lost you as a customer, you may want to suggest that you’d accept a credit note as an act of goodwill on their behalf

Oh and I’ve saved a damn site more than £7 using them in the past. 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Elsewhere in the World:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21166755

Iraq bomb: Many dead in Shia mosque in Tuz Khurmato

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Advice more random capitals….
    Did you order by phone? If not bit of what did you expect have you noticed there is a little snow about that may be disrupting stuff.

Also bearings can be purchased from a lbs or bearing shop if you need them that second.

andyrm
    Free Member

You might have noticed inclement weather outside………?

As per my post yesterday re: the chap “warning” us about GoPro, 3 powerful words describe this story……

hormonal teenage girl.

Grow up. Get some perspective and stop acting the tw’t.

Next time you face a consumer issue, ask nicely, be polite, know your rights not what you googled your rights to be. Tends to result in a better outcome.

Shandy
    Free Member

Its a dog eat dog world when you’re trading bikes.

whattyre
    Free Member

£7 did he say? No one can guarantee next day….

Kuco

he had to pause and think of his sir name.

I’ve had to do that before, even forgot my address once 😳

allthepies
    Free Member

ThePinkster

Never had any problems with them here either. Think you might have just caught them on a bad day – happens to everyone sometimes, and if you knew you needed a part to complete your frame before selling why didn’t you –

a)buy it sooner?

or

b) explain to the purchaser there would be a slight delay as you were still waiting for it?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I for one will only shop there from now on for no other reason than the fact they employ bona fide Knights!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not me, I should add, Cheesester.

toys19
    Free Member

Yup had just as bad from chain reaction, shiot happens. UKbikestore is an excellent place for all kinds of stuff, always been dead happy with their service.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Not sure why the OP is getting so much abuse? If they didn’t deliver within the time frame agreed then they should refund the extra cost. After all, you’re only going to pay the extra for next-day delivery if you need it urgently (or you’re really impatient!).

That said, given the snow I wouldn’t have expected the item to be delivered next day. Royal Mail stopped collection my lab because of the back log. Ultimately it’s not really the bike shops fault. However, I still think they should have covered the cost just for good customer service.

real_ben10
    Free Member

wow, you had a bad experience so everybody must avoid them, seriously?

bagpuss
    Free Member

Sorry to be boring but I’ve had nothing but great service from them too.

soobalias
    Free Member

that reminds me i was going to order some bearings

zelak999
    Free Member

Always had great service from UK Bike Store.

supafly1982
    Free Member

I had to send the bike out and explain,I actually think it was thurs night i ordered but have said friday just so im not adding another day on…..and yes it is wednesday today, the days pass in quick lol.

People seem to miss the point here and i knew lots of smart ass keyboard warriers would pop out the woodwork,I would not expect anything other on here, but you know, you pay for a service, you have a contract with them to fulfill that service, they shrug off responsability. Its a poor way to do business, the price is irrelevent, i would be mad regardless of price.

smell_it
    Free Member

Always had good service from UK bikestore to be fair, only had to ring them once and they did exactly what they said they would. Also ordered from crc yesterday on the standard free delivery and the stuff arrived today.

doglover
    Free Member

Bit of common sense in the first place would have helped, even if snow has melted in some places there is still a backlog in the distribution chain including stock getting to place….

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Struggling to muster any sympathy to be honest. Not sure if it’s because the complaint is unreasonable or because the OP is a trader…

Kryton57

However, how you got from late delivery to the injustices of your life in just one paragraph is quite impressive.

This ^

I ordered some co2 cartridges yesterday. Did i tell you my toilet flush broke over Christmas? If the Fed Ex man thinks he’s going to use the bog when he delivers them tomorrow, he can **** off. ****.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Boo and indeed hoo.
    You are mad, regardless of most things it appears.

Kryton57

Double dip.

Kryton57

You fail to understand my satire Rorschach. I was braking the p.

And yes to quite mad, thanks. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘***WARNING*** UK Bike Store’ is closed to new replies.