Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Warning to South Downs Way Riders (Lewes/Rodmell)
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

For those doing a bit of night riding on the South Downs Way, particularly West to East, there are 2 or 3 large section of the Yellow Brick Road that runs from Kingston Ridge to Rodmell missing.

For those that don’t know it the yellow brick road is a really fast downhill section, on a well made up track, the multiple gaping holes (due to resurfacing) came as a bit of a shock in the day time. If riding at night it could cause a big accident as they could be quite hard to see.

spooky_b329

Thanks, my wife and a couple of other ladies are attempting it in a day this weekend and they will probably be knackered by that point!

birdage

Was going down there at speed last night and nearly went into the last big hole. The first two at least have some kind of barrier. Keep right to the right going down or left to the left going up!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Not quite sure where you mean .. is this that long concrete road that is part of the SDW or something going off the SDW? I’m planning a long loop tomorrow that goes around that area.

cyclistm
    Free Member

It is the long concrete section on the SD way itself,

Only 1 of the 3 sections are suitably marked.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Ah, ok, I’ll look out for that as I’ll be going down it tomorrow, I was only going up it 2 weeks ago and looked fine to me, wouldn’t say it needed any work on it.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Its fairly obvious in the day, but night could bring some surprises

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Warning to South Downs Way Riders (Lewes/Rodmell)’ is closed to new replies.