Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Warning – Springs and Things Cycles dodgy goings on….
  • onedpete
    Free Member

So, I don’t know if any of you have used Springs and Things cycles before? I bought some gloves last year and had great service and were cheapest I could find. However, be warned, I recently ordered some new shorts from them and have not received them after 2 weeks!! I received an order confirmation email, but that is all. I have sent them multiple emails, but have had zero communication from them. After then reading on Trustpilot some similar stories since the new year, I decided to go all Poirot on their ass and rang another business on the same trading estate, to be told they’d ceased trading and left in January!! Luckily for me, I paid with paypal, and will be getting a refund, had I paid with a card, I don’t think it would’ve been so simple. I SEE THIS AS FRAUD. The website is still live and kicking with some tasty deals, but don’t do it, they are taking payment, but I doubt you will see the goods!!
    If anyone can shed any light as to what’s going on with them, or I’ve got it wrong then please let me know. Cheers.

Daffy

Did they actually take the money or just record the order and issue a confirmation? They’ve no posted anything on twitter or Instagram for almost a year…

onedpete
    Free Member

Yep, taken money. Like I said, the site is still live, but seems a few have already come unstuck ordering from them looking at Trustpilot reviews….paypal are giving them 10 days to sort it or I’ll get a refund. Site needs closing down if they’re not operating!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://who.is/whois/springsandthingscycles.co.uk

Domain name:
    springsandthingscycles.co.uk

Registrant:
    Sophie Tate

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant’s address:
    45 Kingsley Road
    Stockton-ON-Tees
    Stockton-ON-Tees
    TS18 5AQ
    United Kingdom

Data validation:
    Nominet was able to match the registrant’s name and address against a 3rd party data source on 05-Mar-2014

Registrar:
    123-Reg Limited t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 27-May-2014
    Expiry date: 27-May-2016
    Last updated: 27-May-2014

Registration status:
    Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 19:18:45 27-May-2016

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
    for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 – 2016.

Give Sophie a call!

bearGrease

I ordered a TLD jersey for mini Greasers Christmas present from Springs & Things. When it arrived it turned out to be way to big so I returned it. A month later the return parcel was sent back to us by Royal Mail. Any attempt to reach them has failed. In the end we just kept the top and mini Greaser will have to grow into it! I’d say they’re best avoided.

onedpete
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys…well at least you actually received your order beargrease! Did you get a refund too, or not? I’m lucky in that PayPal are going to see me right and hopefully they’ll investigate what’s going on withthese guys or should I say ‘girl’ (sophie) Taking payments for goods when no longer trading is surely contavening business protocol and is tantamount to fraud isn’t it? Tempted to try and contact this Sophie, see what she has to say for herself, but might just pass on the info to trading standards or something…

Cougar

I wonder if it’s a mistake rather than fraud, they’ve just failed to take down the website so it’s sat there merrily taking automatic payments?

Not for much longer though, I imagine:

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 27-May-2014
    Expiry date: 27-May-2016
    Last updated: 27-May-2014

onedpete
    Free Member

Yeah, could be. I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt that they’re not intentionally ripping folks off, but the fact they’re not answering any comms at all is a bit off. Even an update on their Facebook page saying they’re not trading would be a help. I only found out they weren’t trading by doing some detective work myself! Just seems rather negligent!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Warning – Springs and Things Cycles dodgy goings on….’ is closed to new replies.