Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Warning for the trail bike haterz – leccy dirtbikes
  • scuttler

KTM are producing an electric dirt bike. (clicky)

Gonna be a bit like Knightrider when he goes into stealth mode.

Assuming for one moment that these things were quiet, then would you approve or disapprove of them given that one of the objections encountered is the noise aspect?

I’ve never ridden a proper motorbike but I’ve got to say I do love the smell of two-stroke.

I understand that these things wouldn’t be ideal for day long forays around the National Parks but it’s possibly a sign of things to come (cue Tomorrow’s World and shiny silver suits).

MrAgreeable

For me it isn’t the noise, it’s the fact that along with other volunteers I’ve spent considerable amounts of time trying to fix the damage caused by one slack-jawed goon riding his trail bike around my local MTB route. I guess that thing weighs less and has fewer HP than the current petrol ones though.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Two edged sword this one…
    Legal, RESPONSIBLE, low-key trail riding has been going on for 100 years, operating under the publics radar on low powered quiet machines.
    Recently, the sport of enduros has increased massively, coupled with the rise in motocross based loud & powerful 4 stroke bikes which are now being ridden aggressively on the legal & non-legal routes.
    This has seen a huge number of previously legal trails closed to motor vehicles, so increasing even further illegal riding in the countryside.
    Genuine, responsible trail riders have suffered hugely but & i think the electric bike may be even more of an incentive for people who don’t give a monkeys to ride anywhere they like as they can now ride in places where noise would have given the game away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Warning for the trail bike haterz – leccy dirtbikes’ is closed to new replies.