Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Warning CX Content – Anyone got/ridden a 2015 GT Grade 105 AL? Opinions please
  • essexbiker
    Free Member

I’m just about to pull the trigger on a new bike through C2W (so max £1k limit) and have settled on a GT Grade (with Shimano 105 groupset and cable/hydro brakes) for commuting and local road and singletrack riding. The bike gets great reviews but none of my local bike shops have one for me to try. Thought I’d try the STW hive to see if anyone has one, ridden one or has a opinion on it/better alternatives?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have the opinion that it looks odd. 😉

essexbiker
    Free Member

Bump for the afternoon crowd

AlexSimon

Wow – I haven’t seen that before. If it looks as nice in the flesh as it does in the stock photos, then I really like it!

Pretty well specced too with those Hyrds

In fact the whole range looks pretty nice to me.

essexbiker
    Free Member

It gets a 5 star review on BikeRadar GT Grade Alloy 105 review but I’d like some real life feedback before I buy it

nemesis
    Free Member

Well the looks certainly don’t do it for me (and I usually like GT triple triangles) but it looks like a decent spec for the money.

Only thoughts on the spec:

– the 52 chainring is pretty big if you’re going to use it offroad – 50 would be the biggest I’d want for that but you can always swap that for a smaller one.

– I’d just check that the clearance is ok for CX tyres – from what I saw it’s running road tyres.

jms
    Free Member

Unfortunately haven’t tried one as the bike shop didn’t have my size but I have seen one in the flesh. Seemed very nice – light frame – think they said it was 1350g; decent groupset and brakes. Can also take mudguards and rack. Think it can take up to a 35C tyre. Have seen some other reviews, which all seem favourable http://road.cc/content/news/121785-first-ride-gt-grade and http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/06/14/first-look-gravel-crushing-new-gt-grade-road-bike/
    The same bike shop had the Merida 500 Cyclocross (also for £1k) but they were saying that many people were going for the GT Grade due to the better spec

tom200

I thought they were just for gravel? Do you work in a forest?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Warning CX Content – Anyone got/ridden a 2015 GT Grade 105 AL? Opinions please’ is closed to new replies.