Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Warning, contents may induce rage
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Speechless

****. Utter, utter ****.

soobalias
    Free Member

im disgusted.

hiding the url like that, absolutely disgusting.

BigDummy
    Free Member

They just cannot help themselves can they? 🙂

I have come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to be popular or win elections if they can help it. I reckon they prefer their party as a fairly exclusive clique and worry about ordinary British people joining it and diluting their unique ethos of bone-headedness. I wonder what they think about ghurkas? Perhaps they would like to make a statement on the subject…

EDIT: I don’t really know a lot about when VCs are usually awarded, and when other decorations are regarded as appropriate, so I am not commenting on that aspect of it. It isn’t clear from the article whether Griffin’s lot claim that his gallantry was in fact deserving of a lesser decoration, or whether they seriously claim that he was just running away and therefore shouldn’t have been decorated at all.

I am deeply sceptical that he “got it because he was black”, but you don’t haver to be too much a cynic to wonder whether the army was quite keen on the idea of finding a VC out of the shambles of Iraq for morale and publicity purposes, and therefore whether it was the most obviously warranted VC in history. Simply don’t know.

simonk
    Free Member

**** scum, really saddens me that people these days cannot get over a simple kerb in life like that 🙁

Simonk

JulianA
    Free Member

Revolting though that is, it may just serve to put people off voting for them as a protest vote in the forthcoming elections…

coffeeking
    Free Member

The BNP are clearly brain-dead, that’s a given.

Whether he deserved the VC – who knows, I wasn’t there (thankfully) but I certainly don’t begrudge the guy a medal if he did anything vaguely above and beyond, whether they’re hunting for medal targets or not! As cannon fodder on the front line it must be nice to be praised from time to time.

tyger
    Free Member

I don’t trust or defend the BNP at all but The News Of The World is not exactly known for it’s accuracy – has this story appeared anywhere else?

hora
    Free Member

Agree with coffeeking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Last night a spokesman for the anti-racist Searchlight group said: “The BNP are repulsive. Private Beharry was awarded the highest honour in the land for risking his life in the service of his country.

“When did Nick Griffin last show his face in a war zone?”

Happy to contribute for a one way flight to any war zone for Griffin to prove his bravery

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Suggest you read the citation here: http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/ophons05/beharry.htm

Not sure you would have been able to get me back into a Warrior after the first incident which IMHO is deserving enough.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s too easy Junkyard. I have a sneaking suspicion that Griffin and co would not have stirred this up unless they had a former soldier ready to wheel out. Don’t know, maybe they are just stupid. But this will actually play well for them if Searchlight and the hand-wringing PC liberals all say “what do they know?” today, and then tomorrow they wheel out a battle-scarred blond-haired paratrooper with 10 medals and tales of “just doing my job” heroism that he didn’t get medals for.

I may be giving their press guys too much credit for imagination and forethought, I hope so. I like to think they’re thick, but part of me thinks they have it all to play for on June 4th and they wouldn’t have let anything this thick get into public unless they knew they could capitalise on it.

konabunny
    Free Member

“I reckon they prefer their party as a fairly exclusive clique and worry about ordinary British people joining it and diluting their unique ethos of bone-headedness.”

I think that’s probably right. Griffin fancies himself as the Tony Blair of the BNP – the presentable face that is going to rebrand the party, shake off the old problems and lead it to victory (or at least greater success). I think he actually understands the political game and would love it if the thicker members of the party would STFU and just try to keep the most dozy comments quiet for *just one second* so he could reap the political benefits of the current Labour/Tory meltdown.

But luckily for everyone else, the party is overwhelmingly filled with morons and vultures who can’t keep their trap shut and aren’t actually that interested in winning power as much as preserving a little island where it’s still OK to talk utter bollocks. (Well, utter racist bollocks. If they just wanted to talk inoffensive bollocks, they’d be completely welcome here!)

Meanwhile, this is kind of a non-story. Reading between the lines, it sounds like some knucklehead just went off on one on the BNP website. Thicko in Thick Comment Shocka!

surfer
    Free Member

Reading between the lines, it sounds like some knucklehead just went off on one on the BNP website. Thicko in Thick Comment Shocka!

And we all should be grateful for that.

konabunny
    Free Member

Meanwhile, from that ultra-reliable online source of analysis, Popbitch:

“BNP photo woes get worse

The BNP could see themselves being sued for the use of one of the stock photos on their election campaign literature. The photo of the elderly couple has been traced back to an Italian Photographer – it is a photo of his parents. They have never been to the UK. The photographer has asked the stock photo company about their terms and conditions and they have stated that using the photos yet saying they are somebody else is against their terms and the BNP could find another writ heading their way. Hurray!
    tamara_bumpdeeay 12:35, arf, barf, reply”

takisawa2

I bet the Daily Mail have a whole newsgroup working on this one… 🙂

BNP=****.

G
    Free Member

News Of The World in sensationalist reporting shocker.

Surprised anyone here actually spotted it. Always thought STW readers were well above that standard of reporting…. you know already onto Beano, Dandy etc

richc
    Free Member

this story sounds like spin and dirty tricks from Labour and the Tories to me, the BNP are pretty stupid, but Labour and the Tories are in mayor damage control mode as they are going to get arse raped at the European elections in a few weeks, so the breaking of this story seems very, very convenient.

deft
    Free Member

There’s this as well from The Sun: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/article2434243.ece

A week after Nick Griffin admitted on Daily Politics (through gritted teeth) that the Gurkha’s should be allowed to stay

They’re such a shambles of a party, yet if you read comments on the Daily Mail there is a worrying amount of ‘they’re the only ones who can sort this mess out’. About half of their councillors ended up standing down for being useless and/or criminals

tyger
    Free Member

Blimey, The Sun and The News Of The World – I’m really shocked! 🙂

epicyclo

There’s no way they can give a VC to every single act of bravery, so there has to be some sort of process to whittle it down, but FIRST you have to commit the act of outstanding bravery.

Anyone who gets a VC deserves it and should be honoured and not attacked.

deft
    Free Member

http://bnp.org.uk/2008/08/the-sun-telegraph-make-fools-of-themselves/

Despite the fact of driving through an ambush is actually routine for all military vehicles drivers in the British Army in Iraq, the politically correct Ministry of Defence decided to elevate this particular occasion to something worthy of the VC.

They then go on to compare Beharry’s citation to that of ‘real’ VC recipients such as Sgt Ian McKay

Digusting.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I think the article is wonderful! (assuming it’s true – who belives what they write in the News of the World?)

It’s wonderful because it clearly demonstrates to normal people what a ridiculous bunch of halfwits the BNP really are.

Do they REALLY think this stance is fair or right?

Frankly, it’s laughable how they misjudge a situation and how they think we would be sufficiently impressionable to buy into such utter twaddle!

Is it their arrogance or their stupidity. Probably both!

Pigface
    Free Member

One of the most shamefull things I have ever read, a pox on the BNP and Nick Grifffin.

It is to Wales’s eternal shame that the t w a t lives in the country.

willard

I am incensed by their statement.

Beharry performed two completely selfless acts of great courage and there is no doubt in any sane person’s mind that he deserves the VC he won for it.

This should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the BNP are a bunch of narrow minded racist bigots.

Unfortunately, some people will believe the shite that they spout.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Can we send Nick Griffin to Iraq as cannon fodder? Idiot.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

well i think we should congratulate mr griffen

The mp’s expenses claims scandals may well drive people away from the mainstream parties to the smaller parries, like the BNP.
    Fortunately, Mr Griffen has chosen to give us a timely reminder of what utterly vile slime the BNP and many of it’s members actually are.

doc_blues
    Free Member

Charlie Brooker got it about right in todays Guardian.

Nasty pond dwelling scum – hate them with a passion – looking forward to them coming round canvassing, particularity at my ex squaddie neighbours given the colour of his wife – should be an interesting doorstep debate (especially if the Romanians from upstairs join in) – there may in fact be a lynching of a political candidate

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

It isn’t clear from the article whether Griffin’s lot claim that his gallantry was in fact deserving of a lesser decoration, or whether they seriously claim that he was just running away and therefore shouldn’t have been decorated at all.

They are saying that, ‘he was just running away and therefore shouldn’t have been decorated at all’

Exact quote from the BNP article :

all he did was drive away very fast from a combat zone

and :

the politically correct Ministry of Defence decided to elevate this particular occasion to something worthy of the VC

Well actually “they” didn’t say it at all, the BNP is far too clever for that. According to the article it was “critics” which said it. Of course we all know that these ‘unknown critics’ are the BNP themselves.

The article also says quote :

At the time, critics pointed out that the VC was normally only awarded for gallant acts of bravery such as the Defence of Rorke’s Drift, head on enemy attacks such as in the trenches of World War I and so on – and that driving a vehicle through an ambush hardly compares to any of these deeds.

The defence of Rorke’s Drift ? Now I wonder why the BNP should choose ‘the defence of Rorke’s Drift’ as an example of outstanding bravery ?

I have come to the conclusion that they do not actually want to be popular or win elections if they can help it.

I can’t believe you’ve said that – nothing, just nothing, could be further from the truth imo.

Fascist racists who would be worried about ‘ordinary British people joining it and diluting their unique ethos of bone-headedness’ simply join organisations such as Combat 18.

The whole point of Searchlight is to expose the truth which the BNP is so keen to hide from the British public. And what an excellent job they do to.

Searchlight and the hand-wringing PC liberals

Are you sure ??? Accuse Searchlight of being fascist-hating commies, maybe. But hand-wringing PC liberals ? I actually find that it is precisely the Guardian reading ‘PC liberals’ who are the first to defend the rights of racists to spread their lies. As is indeed often demonstrated on this forum. Personally I believe in zero tolerance towards those who spread destructive lies which cause so much hate, and is the root of so much violence, in our society. Zero tolerance of hate crimes, whoever by, and whoever against. But then I’ve never described myself as a ‘liberal’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

btw, I reckon some of you have led very politically sheltered lives, there’s nothing particularly outrageous about that article – it looked like pretty bog-standard BNP stuff to me. I’ve see much worst stuff written and said by the BNP.

enfht
    Free Member

You dont need people like Searchlight to higlight issues with the BNP. Searchlight are right dodgy bastards, ask RB. And google Gerry Gable

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I must say I quite disgusted by BNP’s comments on this.

Having met Johnson Beharry VC when he passed through Headley Court for treatment for the wounds he sustained I must say you couldn’t find a more humble chap within the entire armed forces and I knew of not one service person there who didn’t believe he fully deserved his VC, those chaps on the ward who were only there due to his bravery were especially thankful of his actions.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ve see much worst stuff written and said by the BNP.

I was thinking that too. If the worst that gets said was “oh, I say, I don’t think that gallantry medal was terribly deserved, it’s PC gorn mad, I tell you, frightful people those types”, we’d have nothing to worry about.

dooge
    Free Member

My thoughts are the same as everyone elses; usual BNP rubbish which is exactly why they’ve never got very far. But, I can see them saying it as a joke or as one persons speculatative opinion and someone catching wind of it. It escalates because they dont want to seem like they are backing out on their judgements and opinions and before they know it its hit the news and they are up sh*t creek.

Alternatively, I could be totally wrong and they could be a bunch of disrespective spinning idiots. Maybe they thought “theres no bad press” and decided to raise their profile in a wrong way.

Northwind

Has anyone else seen Richard Barnbrook’s imaginary murders? (he’s the most senior elected BNP member) Funny as ****, he decided he wanted to run an anti-knife campaign but inconsiderately nobody was actually getting stabbed at the time, so he just invented some murders.

“”We don’t know who’s done it. Her girlfriend was attacked inside an educational institute,” Barnbrook said in the prerecorded interview in which he sought to highlight failings in tackling knife crime.

He also said that two weeks previously “there was another attack by knives on the streets of Barking and Dagenham where two people were murdered”.”

Still, if the BNP do ever get into power I’m sure these imaginary murders will stop overnight, therefore producing a huge reduction in imaginary crimes :mrgreen: No more attacks by knives!

dave_aber
    Free Member

He saved some others under fire,

while a bullet penetrated his helmet

Blimey, that must have hurt. Deserves a medal.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Actually I think it’s great that the BNP makes a stand on this sort of thing. The more they speak up about these issues the more they show themselves for what they really are; a bunch of racist, fascist imbeciles.

I think we should be very worried about how the BNP have been garnering support lately, masquerading under a cloak of respectability and very cleverly disguising their real beliefs. People are actually voting for these evil fascists.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Warning, contents may induce rage’ is closed to new replies.