• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • warmest winter shoes ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

excluding the 45nrth wolvhammer -unless someone knows of somewhere i can get them in the uk 😉

lakes still the king ?

what about the northwave GTX arctic ?

currently rocking mw02s and have done for years since 2008 but they are on their last legs and the soles coming away and they have never been the warmest in the depths of winter do keep me dry though 😀

Any of the others last as long as the shimanos ?

MSP

Lake mxz303

shedbrewed
    Free Member

North wave GTX arctic for me, although the gore tex just means all the water that runs down your legs stays inside.

Drillski
    Free Member

replaced my worn out MW02s with the new MW80s,
    yes the water that runs down your legs does fill up the boots, unless,

you use the cuffs cut off some rubber gloves as “gaiters/putties” to seal the tops and stop the water getting in. Works a treat. Especially combined with stealth lite bib longs in coldest wettest winter rides. Brilliant. Just hose yourself off before taking them off!

trail_rat
    Free Member

never had an issue with the water least when its raining its warm

its the super cold days that get me

scotroutes

Do they need to be SPD compatible? If not, consider snow-shoeing boots.

Oh- and the Wolvhammers were available in limited numbers last winter in the UK for those with the necessary funds. There’s a less-warm version (cheaper??) to be available this winter but I’ve not seen anything about UK imports yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well i had considered getting a pair of snow showing boots from sierra trading post and just drilling for cleats my self.

id prefer spd compatible for commuting tbh but i guess it wouldnt be end of the world solved cold hands with pogies if only someone made feet pogies ( i know aidans about to pop up and show me someone does but they aint spd compatible either….. they wouldnt need to be for iditarod)

scotroutes

I reckon cleats introduce a cold-spot anyway and it’s better to be able to shuffle your feet around a bit. Decathlon were doing mega-cheap snow shoe boots last winter. I managed to bag some Salomons in a sale.

gee
    Free Member

I use MW80s – they are fantastic when twinned with Woolie Boolie socks.

Mmmmmm warm.

GB

MSP

Those who have water running into boots, do you not pull your tights over the boot cuffs?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘warmest winter shoes ?’ is closed to new replies.