Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Warm Winter Gloves…..
  • stonites999

Having been out Mtb’in yesterday morning in -5 degs. I’m in the market for some new winter (Warm) Mbt gloves. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I’ve been looking at the Gore Alp X anyone got any?? If so how do you find them

Thanks Ant

simondbarnes

I’ve used Specialized Sub Zeros for the last 2 winters, am yet to get cold hands (or even slightly chilly fingers)

warton
    Free Member

I got the castelli neoprene ones from wiggle. Brilliant, warm and waterproof.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cnud
    Free Member

Endura deluge work for me

21dwb
    Free Member

Fox anti freeze did the trick yesterday in -5c

camster
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Select softshell. Only zero degrees this morning. Hands very toastie!

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got some Specialized Radiants for this weather – they’re big, clumpy, offer chuff all dexterity, but they’re ridiculously warm! Only wear them a few times a year, but I’m bloody glad of them when I do!

Got Gore Xenons when it’s less glacial!

street
    Free Member

Marmot XT gloves with a liner underneath if its really cold! 🙂

monkeyp

Craft lobster claw gloves have been toasty (and I mean toasty) down to -6. Doesn’t seem possible when you see them, but they are amazing and not sweaty. Have a removeable liner too for when it warms up and really not bulky at all.

freeagent
    Free Member

Endura Night Vision winter gloves work for me.. they are expensive but I got them for £8 in the Evans warehouse clearance before Christmas..

Macavity
    Free Member

Not bike specific but if price is important, at £6 Skytec Argon will keep your hands warm

superfli
    Free Member

I use some IXS 2in1 motorbike gloves when below 0.
    http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/gloves/winter/ixs-two-in-one-glove-in-black.html
    Just about enough feel for techy riding. Shite protection for Motorbike mind (which is why they were relegated to pushbike!)

I use Fox Anti Freeze to about 3-5deg, but lower than that and I cant feel my fingertips. Also Fox AF dont last. Mine are on their 2nd winter and have holes in palm, velcro strap peeled away from material in 2 rides. Very poor for the cost. They do provide good feel though, and look good.

Kevevs
    Free Member

seal skins winter mtb gloves with a cheap inner glove.

motox2k
    Free Member

661 storm watcher, i cannot wear mine my hands get to hot.

Sandwich

Specialize Radiants here too. Warm and toasty, pocket on glove for heat pads too if you’re a reptile.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m using the planet X winter gloves at the moment. Very cheap, very good and they have refelective strips on the back which is ace for indicating on the road. I have some wool liners just in case but so far I’ve not needed them.

Today’s ride on the road was horrible. Extremely cold, riding along through 2 inches of snow on 25mm slick tyres is not recommended. My shoes and socks were soaked, knees freezing, face numb, but my fingers were as warm as toast.

Northwind

Fox Antifreeze for me… I’ve got crap circulation so they’re not always enough, but they’ve worked way down sub zero despite that. I’ve never used another glove that comes close. And yet still not restrictive and offer decent feel

pjm84
    Free Member

I have these, thought they were great, left them on the car roof at Tunnel hill, cried, and instantly bought another pair because I think they are the dog bolloxs.

I’ve had a lot of kit in my time and these are at the top

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52516

slowboydickie

+1 Fox Anti-Freeze

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Warm Winter Gloves…..’ is closed to new replies.