Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • warm, possibly insulated boots for riding. (non spd).
  • ton

looking for some warm, even insulated boots, for riding and general outdoors stuff.
    suffer like hell from the cold on my feet and hands. and a foot what dont bend will impound this in the future.

so something very warm and weatherproof, with a grippy, but not vibram sole.

all idea’s greatly appreciated.

RustySpanner

This lot, Lancashire Sports Repairs, will put stealth rubber on any boot you fancy.

About £40.00.

Something nice from Altberg and a trip to Burnley?

ton

thanks for the link Pete. think i need something a bit more insulated than leather tho.

i will keep on looking.
    saw some 45nrth boots, wolvehammer, would like to see a pair in the flesh and try on.
    nobody seems to stock them.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony, pretty sure that Al @ Garage Bikes and Tim @ Sideways both get hold of 45Nrth.

hainman
    Free Member

A good thick merino wool sock is a good starter

ton

A good thick merino wool sock is a good starter

i have to wear wool socks all year. bad circulation in hands and feet.

T1000
    Free Member

Try some of the boots made by teva I had a pair (can’t remember the model) mid high they were water proof and v grippy

Have a look at ground effects boot liner/ fleecy sock they work really well with a merino inner

dovebiker

I have some Mk1 Wolvhammers, good down to minus 15-ish and probably too warm for anything in the UK except the Highlands in winter. The Mk2 isn’t quite as insulated as they have the Wolfgar which features a separate inner boot. Does have a vibram sole, but not as rigid as a mountaineering boot – walked for 100km in mine. Lake 303s are another option. Quite a few of the arctic bike racers simply use a winter outdoor boot, at least half-size up with a thicker insole and sock.

scotroutes

I’ve been using snowshoe boots for fatbiking in the winter. Decathlon often have them. Insulated, waterproof.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Hi tec make a fair amount of insulated boots, easily found on Amazon/ eBay, etc.

I rate them because they’re a wider fit than most.

Regattaoutlet.com is worth a look now and again.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Sports direct?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘warm, possibly insulated boots for riding. (non spd).’ is closed to new replies.