Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Warm Gloves ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi have bought some great bits and pieces lately from your suggestions so thought I would ask what gloves will keep me warm ? I will be using them for road and mtb.
    Cheers

nemesis
    Free Member

I have these:

Endura Luminite Glove
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-luminite-glove/rp-prod59925

I was using them this morning at -5.5 degrees and my hands were fine. I’d happily recommend them.

wwaswas

I got a pair of these from that place we’re not allowed to name that involves the word sport and pursuit.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sugoi-firewall-z-glove

brilliant (if you’re a one finger braker) for *really* cold weather they have room for a pair of merino liner gloves underneath.

g5604
    Free Member

silk gloves under your current ones

Northwind

You’re allowed to name sportpursuit I think, just not post referral links.

Do you want warm? Warm I find useless for this time of year, there’s no point me fighting properly cold with warm. But other folks get on OK with just warm. For hot, I can’t recommend Glacier Gloves Perfect Curves too highly, they’re a bit weird and squidgy and mine smell of death now but they keep me warm where other gloves can barely keep me functional.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very pleased with my Specialized Elements so far. The ones with the two outer fingers in a mini mitten.

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi winter cycling gloves. One pair in normal size, one pair the next size up to take cheap decathlon glove liners. All for under £15.

TiRed

silk gloves under your current ones

This. Very thin ones that don’t restrict circulation.

I can wear some very thin Gore windproof gloves with silk liners on cold days if I’m going hard enough. The liners have a habit of wearing at the thumbs though.

medoramas
    Free Member

Those Endura’s above look very similar to my Deluge – which are fantastic in cold conditions. Plus they are fully waterproof (tested!).

wwaswas

oh, and whatever you buy make 100% sure they don;t have a floating liner – they always invert at the worst possible times.

andylc
    Free Member

I use Mystic kitesurfing gloves – thin and warm with the added advantage that it doesn’t really matter if they’re wet, they still keep you warm.

nemesis
    Free Member

Spidey senses tingling 🙂

dazh

+1 Aldi gloves. Quite simply the best value and best functioning bit of kit I own. They wear through on the palms eventually but who cares for the price.

shaungero
    Free Member

Thanks heaps, I shall have a look at them and get a pair on order tonight.
    Cheers

iainc

i have been using these Sportful ones and like them, warm, but not too bulky.

Now even cheaper than I paid….

here

benp1

I have 2 pairs of Aldi gloves (one from this year and one from last)

Also have a pair of the lobster gloves I haven’t used yet

They are without question the best bit of cycling kit they do, brilliant quality for the money. Wear them for commuting and other cold riding

Actually, they’re cycling kit in general is pretty good

shaungero
    Free Member

Do Aldi sell them all year round or just when they have there Thursday sales ?

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got a pair of Giro gloves, which I think are Pivots, but I’m not sure. Normally, these are good enough, but today I could have done with these:

Edit: they are indeed Pivots

johnnystorm

Pop into screwfix and get some -50 rated Skytec Argon gloves. £5.99

gonetothehills
    Free Member

+n for the Aldi ones – pretty much unbeatable vfm.
    I do struggle with cold hands and feet and the Specialized Lobster gloves I got around Christmas have been superb. It’s fairly simple physics, I guess, but as others have said, getting them big enough to not restrict circulation is pretty key. I’ve sent Endura gloves back because of the ridiculous floating liners and the Aldi ones do the same sometimes, but for a fiver you can’t really complain.

nemesis
    Free Member

The endura gloves above don’t have a floating liner unlike the ones from about 5 years back which I have less than fond memories of… 👿

smdoyle
    Free Member

Royal Minus Winter gloves:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/royal-minus-winter-glove-2014/rp-prod88046

Great fitting with good feel and without the bulk of normal winter gloves, used for half day MTB rides and never had cold hands.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I lost one of my aldi gloves the other week. Strangely I then lost the other one. Anyone know how to get some more ?

AndrewJ
    Free Member

I have the Endura Luminite gloves which Cyclescheme sent me to review. My hands were cold yesterday morning at about -2 or -3 on a road bike averaging about 18mph. They did eventually warm up after 30 minutes or so but initially they were cold. I tried them with liners this morning which was much warmer obviously. I’ve not tried them in the rain yet so can’t say how waterproof they are. My only gripe with them is the cuff is a little short and if I don’t pull your base layer all the way down my wrists are cold.

I also have a pair of Sealskinz Winter gloves. You can buy them at various thermal ratings, mine are 4 with 5 being the warmest. These cope with -2 or -3 without the need of a liner and are 100% waterproof, as long as you make sure your jacket is over the cuff 😉 The cuffs are longer than the Luminite gloves and keep my wrists warm. These are the first “waterproof” gloves that I can honestly say are 100% waterproof and I’ve tried quite a few including older versions of Sealskinz.

I’ve tried Aldi gloves and while they are warm with a glove liner I’ve always found that prolonged riding in the rain has resulted in wet hands. Although they are warm wet hands.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Warm Gloves ?’ is closed to new replies.