Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • warm baselayers… endura baabaa merino or craft warm crew neck?
  • OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Looking for a snug fit baselayer to wear under jersey in the soon-to-arrive scottish winter. Got tons of summer baselayers but need a very warm layer that is more of a close, cycle fit and very good at wicking.

Ordered a Craft ProZero recently, kept me warm and dry but sadly only lasted one ‘delicate’ was before a hole appeared. Still wouldn’t put me totally off and I like the look of the Craft Warm baselayer – it looks a bit better made and gets brilliant reviews.

However, there seems to be a lot of good feedback on the Endura, I have found their stuff to be a bit hit and miss in terms of quality, but it does sound like it will fit the bill.

Cannot decide, anyone used either or both – what is warmest and keeps you as dry as possible?

ton

got a new baabaa yesterday.
    i does not feel as thick or as nice as my old icebreaker.

time will tell.
    icebreakers are awesome by the way.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Impressed with my Baabaa so far. The only Merino item I have (and I have many) that seems to be fairly durable.

swavis

I have an Icebreaker and an Endura baabaa. The Endura is very good when it starts to get a bit chilly, but not nearly as soft and warm as the Icebreaker.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

got a long sleeve baa baa, by christ it was warm last winter, you wont need much else to be honest, a windproof jacket and thats about it for the majority of winter. Seriously is a mega mega warm piece of equipment and does the job amazingly, also doesnt smell after every sweaty ride either! bonus of course, get one you wont regret it!

rOcKeTdOg

icebreaker is excellent, pricy but worth it

neninja
    Free Member

I recently got an Icebreaker l/s baselayer and an Endura BaaBaa merino – I sent the Baabaa back and bought another Icebreaker as the Endura cost more than the Icebreaker but was nowhere near the quality.

I got one Mondo Zip from Cyclesurgery – delivered next day for under £40 (usually £65) and the other from Sportsdirect for slightly more in a different colour. Both places still have IB stuff on offer.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/icebreaker
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/search?keywords=icebreaker

MSP

merino wool if its going to stay dry, man made fibres if its likely to get wet.

Divagirl
    Free Member

I like icebreaker but found hellyhansen to be even better, might be worth a look:
    hellyhansen base layers

hughjengin
    Free Member

My Craft Prowarm base layers have been going 2 winters now, I only wear them on the coldest days though, but can defiantely vouch for the quality of mine

reggiegasket
    Free Member

another icebreaker fan here

the baa baa stays in the drawer these days

Hohum
    Free Member

I have only tried the baa baa and I was impressed by how warm it kept me and how good it was at not becoming smelly.

My only gripe was that it felt a little bit itchy, but I mostly find that itchy problem with most wool products next to my skin.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘warm baselayers… endura baabaa merino or craft warm crew neck?’ is closed to new replies.