Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Warhammerist's Advice
  • redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve been asked to stick a load of warhammer stuff on Ebay. I know nothing about warhammer stuff.

It’s most broken, so i’ve posted as spares and repairs and started at 99p.

Someone has asked to delist and offered me £15.

So was wondering if you reckon this is a good or is there something amazing i’ve missed.

Perhaps i should add a buy it know button.

Thoughts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272349578709?euid=514299e749aa44a4bdc15d2240bf2e91&bu=43099922753&cp=1&exe=12742&ext=32470&es=3&nqc=ECAAAgAAAAAAAABACAAQAAAAAAEAAAAAAAIACAQAAAAAAAAAQAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACgCAEAECEIAAEABAAAAAAAAABCAAAAABAAACBIAAAAAgAAAAAEAAAAAAABA*&nqt=ECAAAgAAAAgAAABACAAQAAAAAEEAAAAAAAIACAQAAAAAAhIAQAIAoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgCgCAEAECEIAAEABAAAAAAAAABCAAAAABAAACBIAAAAAgAAAAAEAAAAAAABA*&ec=1&sojTags=es=es,nqc=nqc,nqt=nqt,ec=ec,exe=exe,ext=ext,bu=bu

bentandbroken

Thats not an army my son plays, but I suspect the first model is worth £15+ on it’s own, bear with me….

jam-bo

I have no idea about warhammer but in my experience, offers to end auctions early are generally always lowball offers hoping you don’t know what it will go for.

bentandbroken

As I suspected it is mostly ‘Tau’ and possible Riptides or Battlesuits.

Riptides will fetch good money on eBay, but even if they are battle suits they will fetch more than £15,00 for that quantity

The tank thing is a Landraider and complete will fetch £20.00, so it is worth spending a bit of time sorting through the stuff, I can see some of the tracks in the bundle and what looks like a turret or sponson

NB – How much is metal and how much is plastic/resin? Plastic generally fetches more

bentandbroken

Try entering ‘Tau Riptide’ and ‘Tau Battlesuit” and ‘landraider’ in to eBay search bar. Do a quick compare with what you have (i’m working on a phone screen so its tricky to do)

bentandbroken

PS – I will give you £16.00 😉

twisty

That unpainted Leman russ tank should sell for £15-20 as long as all the parts are still there.

I don’t know much, but I’ve been told that unpainted stuff sells for more than averagely painted stuff, really well painted stuff can sell for a premium. But bear in mind that one type of buyer will be looking for well painted stuff, and another type of buyer looking for unpainted stuff.

bentandbroken

I agree with the painted/unpainted comments, but the ‘tank’ is not a leman Russ, it’s def a Landraider, but I don’t know what variant

maccruiskeen

If you don’t know the value of what you’re selling letting the auction run to the end is the best way to find out. Any offer to buy early is obviously someone looking to buy at less than the value they think it’ll eventually reach. Ignoring offers and letting the auction run won’t stop them from bidding so they can still pay £15 if they want to

If its important to get the maximum value from what you have the a ‘mixed lot’ isn’t the best way to achieve it as anyone will only pay the value of the one thing they want in the whole lot

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I would advise letting the auction run too.

I’ve been slowly clearing my late ’80s / early ’90s Warhammer and I have been very pleasantly surprised by the market out there. Assuming there’s a premium for earlier (rarer?) WH kit, my guess is that even later stuff will sell for reasonable money as it’s expensive to buy new. Also selling as a mixed lot should work as above – it will probably sell on one item. Certainly the individual pieces I’ve sold have varied incredibly, and vehicles have definitely collected a premium.

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ve a load of early 90’s stuff in a box to put out as well – happy to see it’ll go where it is wanted!

durhambiker
    Free Member

My advice (ex GW store manager) would be to just let the auction run. Should get more than 15 quid for it, but not worth splitting that lot up. Painted stuff can fetch a premium if 1. It’s a quality paint job, and 2. In colours people want, otherwise it actually drops the value as it needs stripping and repainting.

Only worth splitting if you know what the stuff is and you can sort through it to make sure all the bits are with each model.

nemesis
    Free Member

I recently sold my Orc army from the 90s on ebay. It didn’t go for a huge amount despite being big and having several unusual models.

The guy who bought it resold it piece by piece and made a big profit.

So my advice, if you have the time is to sell individually.

Northwind

I’d let it run too. I haven’t a clue what it’s actually worth and that’s probably what they’re banking on. How many watchers?

I sold a boxed game with a load of random figures I couldn’t be arsed to sort out a couple of years back expecting £10-£20 and ended up getting something like £150, apparently there were some specific collectables in it, you’d never know without really being into it. When you cost up your time, the likelihood of unsold items etc, selling individually can often be less good than it seems.

There’s still boxes of stuff in my dad’s attic, really need to get into it some time (wearing protective gear to stop me recontracting tabletopitis)

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

I think the general gist is to let the auction run it’s course.

redthunder
    Free Member

Just pulled the listing after seeing the prices these things can go for.

I have a bit of time and will separate these things out.

The Warhammer 40K Tau Broadside Battlesuit (I assume)are selling for quite a bit. The painting is exceptional on the one I have so he will be sold individually.

Might try and fix the others.

Once again many thanks,
    RT

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Warhammerist's Advice’ is closed to new replies.