Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ward Industries titanium spindles for Egg Beaters. Anyone use them ?
  • http://shop.titaniumspindles.com/main.sc

After snapping two Egg Beaters clean in half and getting them replaced by 2pure, I have now found that both of one pair I own are bent.
    I've lost track of which pedals are on which bike, so I don't know if these are the new replacement ones or some that I bought second hand.

CB titanium spindles have got an 85kg rider weight limit, which is no good to me.
    They don't put a weight limit on their steel spindles, but they're obviously not strong enough for me either.
    Ward Industries rate their titanium spindles for 235 lbs, which gives me a 25lb safety margin.
    £72 a pair though. That's a lot of money for a modification on top of the price of the standard pedals.
    If it means I can get out of the saddle and honk it up hill without worrying about them snapping at any moment, like I do now, I guess they're worth it.
    Anyone using them or got any opinions on them ?

Buzzard
    Free Member

I have these on a pair of eggbeaters and on a pair of candy's. Had them for 7months and so far flawless. Bought them for some weight saving rather than durability but weigh in around 87kg and had no failures as yet

neninja
    Free Member

I'm running them on a set of Candy 2ti pedals – no problems after about 3 months usage.

I got them from their Ebay shop – didn't realise they had a website – I think I paid about £40 for them delivered

njee20
    Free Member

Had a set on some Egg Beaters for just over a year, they've been great. I'm only 67kg, but they've been fine. Agree with the eBay shop, they were far cheaper than that.

Their communication's a bit rubbish, I ordered then heard nothing for about 2 weeks, when I chased I got told they'd miraculously been dispatched that morning! There was a thread on Weight Weenies (which Wade posted on a fair bit) suggesting that seemed to be the norm.

I would be surprised if they were tougher than the CB steel spindles though. Without wanting to sound harsh I'd suggest you may want to stop using lightweight kit, or lose some weight! Shimanos aren't gonna snap.

Is that £40 for the pair ?
    I've emailed them to ask for clarification on their prices.
    The picture shows a pair, the price says each, but then they don't list LH and RH separately, so is that $43.50 for one or a pair ?

£37 including postage per pair.
    I've done a few rides with them now and not bent them yet. 🙂

Without wanting to sound harsh I'd suggest you may want to stop using lightweight kit…

Or perhaps manufacturers should start making components that will take heavier riders. 😛
    I think I've proved by now that Crank Brothers don't, it's time to give Ward Industries a chance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ward Industries titanium spindles for Egg Beaters. Anyone use them ?’ is closed to new replies.